Syngenta is a leading company in the agricultural sector aimed at improving global food security by helping millions of producers make more efficient use of available resources. Through first-class science and innovative solutions for crops, our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work to transform agricultural production. We are committed to recovering land on the edge of degradation, improving biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities
About this job: The Regional Formulation Engineering Manager develop and promote effective technical teams that will provide innovative, scalable processes and solutions that will meet internal and external customer needs.
- Ensure compliance to policies and guidelines e.g. Health, Safety and Environment, and development of a continuous improvement culture within the team;
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team aiming to deliver value to the final customer through the development and introduction of new products to the manufacturing facilities;
- Lead and engage the team in order to promote a good organizational climate that allows the team development and retention;
- Responsible and disciplined approach to budget and resource planning and management;
- Provides the formulation engineering expertise in both existing and novel manufacturing technologies in order to maximize quality, capacity and efficiency outcomes during the scale-up of new formulated products to commercial manufacture, and to drive quality, capacity and efficiency improvement in processing operations;
- Establish and foster positive environments for science, innovation, new technologies scout and development both for new products and mafacturing facilities;
- Lead initiatives to gain efficiency and productivity in our production operations into Syngenta sites and external manufacturing partners;
- Represent PT&E in global engineering forum to ensure that needs of the LATAM region are fully represented and addressed by the global community bring latest technology beyond support a collaborative network throw the different regions;
- Work with the global PT&E community to ensure that the utilize the capability and capacity of the global organization to drive the best solutions for LATAM.
- Enable agility and responsiveness by developing people and organization that can respond to emerging needs and changes at Syngenta, especially at our major interfaces such as FF&P and P&S;
- Working with the global PT&E LT, develop and execute a coherent capability development plan – people, processes, assets & governance – for the sustainable growth of the LatAm team;
At Syngenta we are highly people focused – we look for professionals who are engaged, collaborative and excellent in execution. Leaders are expected to communicate effectively both locally and globally, develop teams and lead by example. Our industry and our function are changing rapidly so we are looking for team members with a strong desire to develop themselves.
- University degree in Chemistry, Engineering or related field with significant technical and leadership experience in the chemical or related industries.
- Understanding of industrial formulation processes and concepts, including the needs for successful development encompassing fundamental technical aspects.
- Fluent in English
- Able to communicate in Spanish
- 5+ years experience in a significant leadership or technical position in the engineering, production and/or process technology and / or relevant business management functions
- Experience and credibility working across critical interfaces with including with Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Research and Development, Quality and Tolling.
- Regulatory Affairs, Quality, Manufacturing or Research and Development;
- Significant experience in project management across functions, geographies and cultures;
- Solid understanding of functional and Syngenta business processes
- Full appreciation of end-to-end thinking
- Proven technical group leadership skills
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
- Ability to communicate and lead an engineering team with credibility and empathy, maintaining a balance between regional FF&P and P&S needs and issues.
- Has a broad understanding of formulation processes as used in Syngenta, the requirements of our products and their use by customers. Focus on safety and quality.
- Understands Syngenta’s processes and deliverables within the function and their relevance and transfer to other areas of the organization (e.g., tech transfer processes, manufacturing specifications).
- Maintains a strong network of contacts within the global function as well as with key stakeholders in the FF&P, P&S and CPD organizations
- Able to use personal judgement to confidently make timely decisions with the available data and make recommendations on the next steps.
- Is able to communicate technical facts, ideas and opinions to a general, technical audience in an assertive way and influence others using rational persuasion and strategic influencing skills.
- Full time/ Permanent position
- Position based in Paulinia-SP Brazil with availability to travel in Braizil and/LatAm (20%)
Beyond just believing in the power of diversity, Syngenta promotes an inclusive culture that includes differences in all its forms. We believe that the feeling of belonging allows people to become their best version, building an increasingly welcoming and productive environment.
All qualified candidates will be considered for our positions, without distinction of race, gender, age, nationality or disability.