Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
We are currently seeking a Group Leader Chemical and Process Engineering in Münchwilen AG, Switzerland.
- Supervises a group of several teams of Chemical Engineers working on several projects in a technical / scientific function.
- Coaches and trains new team members
- Drives cost/benefit evaluations of synthesis projects and is consulted in synthesis route selections and Supply Chain evaluations (Sourcing, Procurement).
- Develops project plans as part of a multi-disciplinary team and ensures compliance with these plans in a complex techno-regulatory environment.
- Trouble-shooter or Champion in substantial projects
- Leading investment projects
What we expect:
- A Master or PhD in chemical engineering, or equivalent
- Sound knowledge about sourcing & purchasing processes and capabilities at production sites.
- Sound knowledge about R&D processes, teams, roles, and responsibilities.
- Excellent project management skills
- > 10 years of experience thereof 3-5 years in a leading position in Technology and Engineering – preferably in process technology or long-term experience in a chemical or pharmaceutical environment.
- Experience in piloting, plant introduction and sound knowledge in scale-up
- Excellent leadership skills as well as coaching and development capabilities in leadership and technical aspects
- Efficient resource management capabilities
- Ability to communicate efficiently internally and externally on all levels of expertise and leadership
- Responsible to reach the cost targets for active ingredients
- Efficient know-how transfer processes to internal and external manufacturing plants
What we offer:
- We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment #bringingplantpotentialtolife.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Annual bonuses and a competitive Pension Fund scheme
- Preferential conditions with insurance companies
- Flat hierarchy and an open culture
- Family-friendly initiatives
Sounds like your next step? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, certificates)
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.