Syngenta is one of the world’s leading agriculture innovation company ( Part of 23 Billion USD Syngenta Group) dedicated to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet.
- Provide process engineering expertise to optimize and improve manufacturing processes, with focusing on safety, quality , cost effectiveness and responsiveness
- Lead the PRA (Process Risk Analysis)
- Responsible for automation recipe configuration/update/maintenance
- Responsible for evaluating safety and quality impact for any “Management Of Change” on the process
- Lead Continuous Improvement stream on site, establishing the link with the regional CI team.
- Lead Regional Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Lead end to end New Product Introduction (NPI) on site considering all impacts on HSE&Q, Production process and Planning
- Support capital investment in reviewing design and process control system.
- Maintain effective communication with stakeholders (at country, regional and even global level) regarding process development / improvement initiatives and ensure efficient process troubleshooting on site
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety, and Environment and Quality standards and manage associated risks.
- Represent the site on NOPS community.
- Support production staff training in production unit operations
Knowledge, Experience & Capabilities
- Preferably Bachelor of Chemical Engineering / Technology or Chemistry
- Hands on experience in petrochemical or Agrochemical industry
- Good knowledge of process risk analysis tools (ie HAZOP)
- Must understand the criticality of business and process involved
- Working experience on detail technical/operational documentation/procedures preparation.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge Chemical Engineering and process design
- Good understanding of process chemistry and process equipment
- Must be familiar with engineering tools such as Auto CAD
- Good knowledge on programming of Programmable Logic Control (PLC) and Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- 3 - 5 years in a manufacturing environment
- Prefer experience in surfactant formulation and mixing technology
- Strong communication, coordination and networking skills
- Good knowledge of process safety
- Engineering project management and capability of managing multiple assignments.
- Chemical engineering design capability and strong process optimization and trouble shooting skills.
Critical success factors & key challenges
- Active Listening and asking questions
- Strong decision making is required for righteous selection of measures and control to mitigate the risks
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Liaison with other departments and team member for effective participations in the projects
- Managing one's own time and completion of tasks within the deadline is one of the major skills required for this job
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solution
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.