Dow Chemical International Pvt. Ltd. has an opening for Process Engineer to be located at Chennai, India
- Applies Global Project Methodology (GPM) and Process Engineering Work Process Discipline.
- Ensures that the process design is safe, meets DOW LPP’s and other design standard such as API, ASME and TEMA etc.
- Must have strong knowledge on chemical engineering fundamentals in fluid mechanics, mass transfer and heat transfer.
- Experience on using process engineering software like ASPEN, HTRI, HYSIS, Pressure drop calculations, Pump hydraulics, relief calculation, Surge calculations, etc. is essential and able to perform autonomously.
- Experience on PFD, P&IDs, Equipment sizing, Relief sizing, line sizing and Instrument sizing is essential.
- Identifies technical problems both within designs and existing operations. Appropriately engages the business and functional technology center and the subject matter expert network to resolve.
- Candidate need to be an individual performer with good communication skills in English - oral / written and excellent collaborative skills.
- Provides a technical resource to lead project teams and/or to provide expertise in specific fields, tools or theory. Provides solutions which add value through improvement in work process, unit operations, operating condition or process technology. At this level, supports intermediate and larger improvement projects, or portions of the process design within significantly large capital projects. Requires expanded conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and broadens capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree plus engineering, manufacturing or related experience required.
- Expected experience level is 2- 5 years in engineering / manufacturing
- Certifications on Six Sigma is preferred
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries.