Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking Expressions of Interest for a Lead Process Engineer to carry out the Process Design scope of work on our multi-disciplinary and multinational FEED, EPC and PMC projects for local and international clients across the Oil & Gas offshore industry. We are looking for an experienced Engineer, with a broad range of Process skills who is ready to step up and lead small teams of engineers and designers. The right candidate will be highly motivated, able to work independently, and have demonstrable leadership qualities. Sound technical knowledge coupled with leadership and decision making skills are required to ensure the delivery of challenging project and client targets.
- Carry out process engineering design activities, following client and Wood standards and procedures to schedule and budget as advised by the project line manager
- Develop, review, and take responsibility for the accuracy of detailed calculations, process engineering datasheets and drawings to specify the process engineering requirements of our projects
- Supervise the work of your assigned reports on the project
- Remain up to date with the latest technical developments in your fields of expertise
- Demonstrate, provide and develop appropriate technical solutions for specific project issues
- Provide technical expertise and support to business winning activity as required
- Review and audit process engineering activity on projects and support internal development and continuous improvement activity as required
- Ensure the delivery of challenging project and client targets using sound technical knowledge and decision making skills
- Mentoring, coaching and development of junior staff
- Ensure Wood and Client Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures are followed and that a high standard of safety is achieved in all associated work
- Lead, coordinate and motivate small teams, plan work and provide clear technical direction
- Balance commercial and technical risk using acquired commercial acumen
- Provide technical input for timely completions of studies/investigations and effectively communicate finding to clients and other disciplines.
- Prepare manhours estimates/proposals which accurately reflect client wishes and set work scopes achievable within company and consistent with company procedures and the quality expected.
- Input to proposals outlining methodology, schedule, resourcing requirements and costs.
- Provide technical input during the course of the study both internally and during interactions with client.
- Ensure all interfaces to Clients, Third party and other disciplines are clearly defined and correctly engineered.
- Maintain and develop current awareness of relevant engineering technology and code & standards.
- Ensure direct reports carry out work in accordance with relevant Codes, Standards and Procedures.
- Ensure all in-house Process calculation spreadsheets are validated and in accordance with relevant Codes, Standards and Procedures.
- Participate in HSE/ Risk review, SIMOPs, SIPRODs, HAZID’s, HAZOP’s etc. as required.
- Evaluate discrepancies in design from design basis, specifications and scope of work and assist in resolving the issues.
- Ensure that corporate and project safety, environmental and quality and standards are implemented and maintained in the design.
- Review design of process facilities , CO2 removal, gas dehydration, gas compression, crude oil stabilization, produced water/ effluent and injection water facilities and related processing facilities
- Review design of utility facilities i.e. Fuel gas, Instrument/ Utility gas, Instrument/ Utility air, Chemical injection, Diesel, Service/ Potable water, Firewater, Heating/ Cooling medium, Flare/ Vent, Closed/ Open drains, etc
- Oversee/ Manage/ Review Process deliverables in supporting and meeting project requirement
Skills / Qualifications
- Lead Process Engineer shall have experience more than 15 years and minimum 5 years as Lead Process with Oil & Gas offshore experience, with high H2S related experience (more than 2 projects, >3000 ppm ), with high CO2 related experience (>12%) .
- The Lead Engineer shall be a registered Professional Engineer with Board of Engineers Malaysia or Chartered Engineer with certified international professional bodies.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.