11 May, 2021
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking for a Lead Process Engineer to strengthen our team in Dubai. This is a Home Office position based in Dubai, but it may involve occasional visits to the Client offices and/or site in Iraq. Normal working time will be 48 hours per week (9.6 hours per day).
- To manage the Process engineering and design team.
- To have single-point responsibility for all process engineering deliverables and ensure that they conform to all applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the Client’s policies and procedures.
- To ensure that the overall project is delivered to meet the asset operational needs.
- To provide direction and guidance on all technical queries relating to process engineering.
- To participate in all project safety and design reviews as necessary.
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule.
- To liaise with the Client’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
- In conjunction with the Engineering Manager, manages succession planning for direct reports.
- Provides coaching and mentoring for direct reports.
- Actively supports recruitment, selection, transfers and promotion of resources to meet succession and business plans.
- Support the development and retention of motivated and qualified people.
- Ensures support and set performance expectations of direct reports.
- Continuous promotion of, and adherence to, the discipline specific procedures and providing feedback for continuous improvement.
- Support the development and delivery of the technical assurance framework.
- Monitor compliance with qualified standards.
- Participate in incident investigations as required.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Responsible in own discipline to provide support to the business.
- Ensuring learning opportunities are captured and realised.
- Responsible in knowledge of regulatory framework and associated legislation.
- Perform the role of Technical Authority when appointed to do so.
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports / respective team.
- Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities.
- Manage and direct resources efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrate current knowledge with industry and technology development within discipline.
- Demonstrate continual professional development
Skills / Qualifications
- MSc / MEng in Chemical Engineering, or equivalent professional qualification, or BSc / BEng with extensive relevant experience.
- Membership of a recognised professional institute is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Minimum of 5 years proven capability as a Lead Engineer in an engineering design company.
- At least 12 months experience of site-based project work involving field engineering, construction, commissioning, operations, or maintenance.
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage.
- Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience with brownfield modification workscopes.
- Experience with upstream oil processing facilities.
- Experience with Sour Service Operations would be an advantage.
- Experience in Concept and FEED project stages would be an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of process engineering design and analysis.
- Thorough awareness of relevant international codes and standards.
- Familiar with the typical software packages that are used for process engineering design and selection.
- Experience of the application of HAZOP, HAZID and SIL Rating to Process Design.
- Personal attributes
Core Values and Behaviours
- Provide strong influence in promoting, demonstrating and being a role model in accordance with company core values, ethics policy and leadership framework.
- Interact with team members in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Professional demeanour and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a level of team working skills.
- Enthusiastic, conscientious, and keen to learn.
- Flexible with a can-do attitude.
- Responsible in the execution of standards, processes and procedures to effect delivery of operations excellence.
- Communication in written and spoken forms.
- Knowledge in Engineering excellence.
- Participate in audit and incident investigations as required.
- Project management.
- Commercial awareness.