11 May, 2021
Brisbane QLD, Australia
Minerals & Mining
Wood is leading some of the world’s most technically challenging mining and minerals projects across a range of commodities. Based on current and upcoming study and project opportunities within our Brisbane Mining & Minerals Office, we are seeking a suitably qualified Senior Process Engineer to be involved in a range of unique and technically challenging projects. You will join likeminded, agile industry peers who are highly qualified, experienced and recognised industry innovators to create new possibilities.
As a Senior Process Engineer you will:
- Deliver best practice process designs in accordance with project, time, budget and technical requirements
- Develop innovative solutions to complex process and technical problems for a wide range of commodities
- Plan, execute and analyse metallurgical testwork programs
- Prepare process deliverables such as process design criteria, process flow diagrams, mass and energy balances, equipment sizing, piping and instrumentation diagrams, process control philosophies, operating cost estimates and study reports
- Ensure process designs meet required safety standards and actively participate in HAZOP studies and design reviews
- Assist with business development activities and the preparation of proposal documentation
- Undertake site visits to support study and project work requirements
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant experience in large concentrator design.
- Experience with commodities such as nickel, cobalt, copper, lithium and rare earths would be highly regarded
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in the mining or minerals processing industry
- Relevant process plant operational experience
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical, literacy and numeracy skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and engineering programs
- Experience with metallurgical balancing and simulation software such as SysCAD and/or METSIM would be highly regarded
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you are a suitably qualified Senior Process Engineer looking for a career opportunity without peer, we encourage you to apply.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Refer this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.