11 May, 2021
Oil & Gas
Petrochemicals & Refining
Wood (trading locally as JSC WOOD KSS) is currently looking for a Senior Process Engineer to join our team in Atyrau (KZ passport holders).
- Carry out Conceptual studies / Basic design and provide technical support during detailed design phase of the projects for any project related to process plants such as oil & gas production, refinery / petrochemical units, ammonia, ethylene, mineral processing, specialty chemicals, refined products, pipeline, water treatment etc.
- Carry out various engineering activities for the above, like :
- Preparation of heat and material balance
- Development of process flow diagrams, piping and instrument diagrams,
- Finalizing system design parameters / carry out necessary calculations
- Specifying equipment / systems such as heat exchangers, vessels, pumps, reactors, etc. and instruments
- Development of process simulation models for the facility to be designed / upgraded and advanced controls/process optimization – Should be familiar with simulators like HYSYS, PIPEFLOW / PIPEPHASE / PIPESIM, FLARENET
- Prepare Cause & Effect Diagrams, SAFE Charts, Line Lists, Tie-in Schedules
- Write Design Philosophies / Operating / Commissioning Guidelines / manuals
- Participate in safety reviews like HAZOP, SIL
- Perform all conventional design work of the functional area subject matter under general supervision
- Plan, schedule, and conduct work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Perform work which involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as resolution of conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements
- Devise new approaches to problems encountered
- Provide technical guidance to designers and less experienced engineers
- Coach and develop lower level professionals
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations
- Also may be responsible to work as “Lead Engineer for a small/medium project or a section of a larger project”. As a Lead engineer for a particular project, he will plan, budget, organize, coordinate and control all Process Engineering activities related to that project
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering
- Requires sufficient professional experience to assure competence as a fully trained professional
- Good English level
- A minimum of 7 years related experience
- Certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer is preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Refer this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.