Conduct Process Engineering activities related to the creation, improvement, control, testing, and inspection of production or operation processes and products.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, good manufacturing practices, and other quality standards
- Designs and develops process simulations to support process design and development efforts
- Supports automation and digitalization efforts across the site
- Manages and supports process scale-up of new chemical processes on site
- Design, production, and maintenance of structures, systems, and components in MilliporeSigma production plants and facilities.
- Technology Transfer support including documentation development and implementation
- Write protocols and report results of studies conducted
- Work with Project Engineering group to design, specify and install new equipment
- Work with Production, Maintenance, Process Development, QC, and QA to ensure existing manufacturing processes remain in control
- Initiate, propose and implement optimization projects to reduce quality incidents, manufacturing costs, cycle times, and/or increase product yield. Develop project justification and capital project proposal when required
- Provide advice on issues, including problem-solving and the assessment of new technologies.
- Accountable for the quality of own work.
- Receives instruction, guidance, and direction from more senior-level roles.
- Internally works with team members across the site.
- Externally some interaction with customers, suppliers, contractors etc.
- Is frequently required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time.
Who You Are:
- B.S. in chemical engineering
- Excellent analytical and scientific problem-solving skills showing the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong Knowledge of chemical engineering related principles and standards
- Strong experience in process simulations; ChemCAD and/or Dynochem experience preferred
- Familiar with process control of chemical processes
- Effective customer service skills and the ability to interact with customers and co-workers
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Aptitude to work independently as well as in team environment; experience leading technical teams a plus
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Familiar with Minitab and AutoCAD engineering software
- Proficient in MS Office Suite