LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fourth consecutive year.
The individual in this position is responsible for environmental compliance with state and federal regulations, environmental permitting and renewals for air, water, and waste programs, and will also have responsibilities for corporate environmental compliance for the Equistar Pipeline organization. The position is based at the Equistar Pipeline office located in Houston, TX near Clear Lake. Experience with multi-media (air/water/waste) environmental requirements and regulations is required. The individual will interface with a diverse group of customers including process and project engineering, operations, maintenance, site management, legal, and outside regulatory agencies and will help drive the Pipeline Organization to achieve GoalZero environmental performance.
• Maintain ownership of assigned site environmental programs
• Interact with operations and other facility personnel to ensure a consistent understanding of regulatory requirements
• Responsible for preparing and submitting amendments, renewals and alterations to NSR Air Permits, submitting well water and septic permit renewals to local authorities, and annual groundwater reports to county groundwater management districts
• Responsible for submittal or assistance with Permit By Rule Registrations
• Works with technical engineers and operations to ensure any new permit conditions are acceptable to operating units
• Interact with TCEQ personnel during permit application process and responding to Notices of Deficiency and answering questions
• Ability to manage consultants for outsourced permit support
• Serve as technical subject matter expert in federal and state environmental compliance
• Provide liaison with regulatory agencies during inspections and for regulatory reporting
• Review Management of Change requests to determine site environmental impact and provide guidance
• Complete and submit environmental reports to state and federal agencies
• Interpret and communicate regulatory requirements, effectively identifying solutions when rule ambiguity exists
• Develop and maintain environmental management systems
• Provide support to maintain site compliance with permits and environmental regulatory requirements and interpret jurisdictional regulatory oversight when needed between various overlapping regulatory agencies
• Support environmental specialists with field activities as needed and review annual environmental reports generated by environmental specialists for accuracy prior to submittal
• Identifies, initiates and develops projects that improve environmental performance
• Review environmental performance data and initiate continuous improvement activities
• Serve in an on-call rotation for HSE incidents
• Support other members of the Pipeline HSE Organization as needed
• B.S. in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science
• Minimum of 10 years relevant environmental experience in refining, petrochemical facility, or oil and gas facility
• Experienced in multi-media (air/water/waste) regulatory requirements
• Demonstrated experience representing a company to regulatory agencies
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
• Experience with Texas environmental permitting and regulatory compliance required
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.