LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fourth consecutive year.
The Environmental Engineer will be responsible for environmental compliance with state and federal regulations and providing environmental support to Operations. This position will be focused on air regulatory compliance support. The individual will interface with a diverse group of customers including process and project engineering, operations, maintenance, plant management, and outside regulatory agencies. You must demonstrate understanding and personal ownership for meeting/exceeding health, safety, environmental and risk management standards and practices.
• Interact with operations and other plant personnel to ensure a consistent understanding of environmental regulatory requirements
• Provide liaison with regulatory agencies during inspections and for regulatory reporting
• Interpret and communicate regulatory requirements, effectively identifying solutions when rule ambiguity exists
• Development and maintenance of environmental Air permits and compliance systems
• Maintain ownership of site environmental programs, (e.g., permitting and compliance systems)
• Represent the site in trade organizations and in best practice groups
• Demonstrate an overall understanding of the production process in assigned areas
• Proactively identifies opportunities to make improvements within their specific area of responsibility
• Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
• Focus on end results in all actions, decisions, and behaviors to ensure achievement of the Enterprise’s vision, purpose, strategic focus and goals
• Demonstrate the ability to move a team to consensus on difficult issues and effectively deals with uncertainty
• This position requires a Bachelors’ degree in engineering, relevant sciences or specific environmental discipline
• This position requires a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Experience in the chemical manufacturing industry is preferred
• Working knowledge of air, waste and water Environmental compliance programs associated with the chemical manufacturing industry
• Experience developing and/or managing environmental compliance systems
• Ability to effectively use “role specific” software and effectively use standard company computer systems and programs
• Proficiency in the following competencies: drive for results, interpersonal capability, broad perspective, self-motivation, integrity and building trust, problem solving, excellent written and oral communication skills.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.