Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivalled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
How will you make an impact?
You will lead processing equipment projects from initial design to on-going commercial production.
What will you do?
- Identifies new equipment, develops user requirement specifications, arranges capital funding and implements into Good Manufacturing Practice commercial production.
- Leads the Project Management for implementation of complex processing equipment.
- Supports improvements, training, troubleshooting and complaint investigation of equipment.
- Creates or provides technical input into protocols / reports for equipment commissioning and qualification.
- Executes/Provides Technical Support to equipment assessments, Engineering Trials and Feasibility batches.
- Supports equipment Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) as required.
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures for new equipment.
- Liaises with functional areas (including clients and vendors) to meet project objectives.
- Monitors and benchmark new developments in pharmaceutical industry related to his/hers area of expertise and/or project to look for opportunities to put Patheon in the forefront of pharmaceutical technology.
- Ability to travel (as required)
- Performs alternating or rotating shift work (as required)
How will you get here?
- Minimum College/Technical School diploma in relevant technical field.
- Engineering Degree is an asset.
- Minimum 6 years of previous related experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Experience in cosmetics/food/nutraceuticals/medical devices will also be considered.
- Expert knowledge of drug processing equipment and commissioning and qualification practices.
- Previous Project Management experience.
- Extensive experience in technical writing and oral presentation.
- Experience organizing complex work.
- Experience in technical/scientific discussions with clients.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of drug processes as well as drug product validation and commercialization processes.
- Demonstrable organizational skills relevant to drug processing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Established leadership skills.
- Strong computer skills with advanced experience in MS Word/Excel applications.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with experimental design.
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Ability to recommend improvements relating to pharmaceutical processing, equipment, processes and systems.
- Actively acquires new skills/knowledge relevant to the drug processing process. Draws on experience and demonstrates innovative approach.
- Established quality, regulatory, and production mindset including an appreciation for client service and the contract manufacturing industry.
- Works independently with minimal need for supervision.
- Proficiency with the English language.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to perform shift work as required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000+ extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.