When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information: Logan, Utah BPD Division/ SUT Business Unit
How will you make an impact?
Support production with manufacturing process improvements and manufacturing equipment specifications. This includes process changes and adjustments, specifying and purchasing new equipment and upgrading existing equipment
What will you do?
- Expected to identify and implement ideas and methods to reduce cost, reduce scrap, increase capacity, increase safety and increase production efficiency in a manufacturing environment
- Develop and write specifications for new manufacturing equipment.
- Upgrade existing manufacturing equipment
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years applicable experience in engineering or related technical field
- OR, minimum of 8 years demonstrated applicable technical experience
- Experience in the Medical Device or Pharmaceutical field
- Experience with manufacturing in a production environment
- Experience in managing assignments across multiple engineering projects
- Experience in the specification, design and qualification of automated manufacturing equipment
- Experience with engineering tools and methods for tasks such as experimentation (DOE), risk assessment (FMEA), process control (SPC), and statistical analysis
- Experience in design and implementation of automation systems for high-mix/low-volume production desired
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proficient in technical writing including authoring engineering protocols, reports, and procedures
- Capability in SolidWorks CAD software (or similar CAD).
- Understanding of various statistical analysis tools and methods
- Good communication, interpersonal and interdepartmental coordination skills
- Lean Manufacturing Methods experience a plus
- Self motivated and good problem solving skills using investigative tools (5 Why, Fishbone, Fault Tree Analysis, 8D, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Willingness to travel as required (<10% anticipated)
This position is not budgeted for relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.