04 May, 2021
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Monza, Province of Monza and Brianza, Italy
Biochemicals / Pharmaceuticals
- Evaluates customer bid proposals with project managers and develops process flow diagrams, establish technical fit into existing facilities & equipment, identify process, facility and safety gaps with cost effective technical solutions, implementation timing with assumptions, and alternative to be considered.
- Develops and makes recommendations for new process designs and/or modifications for assigned areas to ensure maximum operating efficiency, return on investment, safety, and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Prepares process flow sheets, energy balances, material balances, etc., in order to provide sufficient information for Project Engineering to prepare detailed specifications for cost estimates and construction.
- Provides daily process engineering support to Production on operating problems and to maintenance/plant engineering on equipment performance and materials problems.
- Provides technical recommendations to permit plant operation within regulatory requirements (FDA, EMEA, OSHA, EPA, IBC, etc.).
- Provides technical support to departments outside Production.
- Reviews all process designs and modifications for safety implications and requirements. Promotes a safe work environment for self, employees, and other personnel to reduce personnel and environmental health and safety (EH&S) risks.