How Will You Make an Impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $30 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 80,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
How will you get here?
- Acquiring new equipment
- Design and procure materials, fixtures and other tooling required for new products on existing equipment.
- Identifying and optimizing material and process flows.
- Analyzing manufacturing processes to then identify, develop, and implement improvement projects
- Expected to engage across multiple global production sites to share and implement best manufacturing and procedural practices.
- Solving issues with manufacturing processes
- Carry out root cause analysis
- Preparing manufacturing-related documentations
- Provide frontline engineering support to production activities
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technical field or 5 years minimum experience in manufacturing/ process
- engineering or another closely related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Capability in
- SolidWorks CAD software is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Mechanical, EEE, Manufacturing or Technical Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years' experience in Process/ Manufacturing Engineering in production environment
- Experience in various statistical analysis tools and methods
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and interdepartmental coordination skills
- Past experience in Biopharmaceutical industry with cGMP, FDA and IS13485 guidelines is preferred. Past experience in Lean Manufacturing methods and philosophies
- Self-motivated and mastery of problem-solving skills using investigative tools (5-Why, Fishbone, Fault-Tree Analysis, 8D, etc.)
- Experience with engineering standards, testing, SPC and FMEAs Excellent technical writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Proficiency in DOE and FEA and associated software tools Understanding of ISO9001, ISO13485, ISO14971 and 21CFR Part 820 requirements 5- 10
- Experience in manufacturing processes and an understanding of various manufacturing regulatory guidelines for the life science industry would be useful.
- Good mechanic knowledge is also needed to understand manufacturing equipment and machinery.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.