Package - £65,000 to £119,000 including salary and housing allowance
Our client is a leading player in the International high hazard Insurance sector, where it is involved in cover associated with a variety of sectors including oil and gas, refining, petrochemicals, LNG, metals, mining, maritime, mass- transport and so on. The organisation’s major Gulf hub is enjoying significant client support throughout the region. This highly successful business offers additional advisory services on a range of Insurance issues such as Claims, Risk mitigation and BI management.
Our client is seeking an engineer with very significant Industry experience, primarily in Steel or Aluminium processing plant and associated machinery (turbines, smelters, crushers, grinders, furnaces, boilers, combustion plant, etc., etc.). Additional significant experience of fossil fuel power plant operations would be very welcome. The successful candidate is likely to be a degree qualified (or equivalent) Mechanical or Chemical Engineer who has worked in the metal processing and/or power industry for a substantial period acquiring excellent knowledge of process operations, maintenance, and process safety management. The successful candidate will function as the engineering representative on key accounts, supporting our client executive and broking teams with technical analysis and insights. A key part of the role will be conducting Underwriting Surveys whose output will be a description of the facilities, an analysis of loss control features and engineering/financial based loss analysis; other key deliverables include the production and delivery of training packages and contributing to BCM and ERM type studies.
As well as a process operations/production background, it is essential that the candidates also bring significant experience/knowledge of at least one of the following:
- Process Safety
- Inspection/Asset Integrity/Condition surveys
- Maintenance, or Inspection/Asset Integrity.
- Business Interruption /Consequential Loss
- Additional experience in a construction/project execution type role is also an advantage, but not essential.
General Attributes /Location /Core Requirements
For all the roles the following attributes would be beneficial, but are not essential:
- Fluency in Arabic
- Fluency in French
- Significant experience of steel/aluminium processing and /or power operations
All the roles have core requirements which include:
- Written and Verbal Communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work at all levels within a client Organisation. Production of the Underwriting report following a survey is a key skill.
- The ability to lead a team of insurance engineers to conduct Underwriting Surveys, typically between 2- and 5-day duration at client sites
- For key sites or large sites extended surveys of 2 weeks are sometimes required
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential
The role will be awarded on generous local terms which will include a tax-free salary and housing element.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV to:
Mark Stracey Recruitment
E – Mail email@example.com
Mark Stracey Recruitment operates as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency