GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GSK has been operating for over 60 years in Malaysia and grown substantially both in its infrastructure, business operations as well as talent base spreading across its four business entities – Pharmaceuticals & Vaccines, Consumer Healthcare, Business Service Centre and Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain.
We are currently looking for experienced Regional Process Engineer (High Severity Hazard) to be part of our Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain business. This is a regional role and will be supporting all sites across the region. You will be reporting directly to the Asia Pacific Regional Engineering Lead. In this role, you will be responsible for the leadership and deep technical expertise in high severity risk systems, such as machinery safety, process safety, high hazard utilities and construction safety while operating effectively in a matrix organisation. This role will be site based and will have a global mandate on the generation and deployment of standards, practices, toolsets and in developing our site capabilities across high severity risk systems in accordance with our business priorities.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and technical support in High Severity Hazards and other topics as identified. This is a key role in managing high severity risks in the areas of machinery safety, process safety, high hazard utilities and construction safety for the CH QSC Asia Pacific network.
- Manage and drive continuous improvement in high severity risk programmes, enhancing organisational capability and equipping the business and teams in the field with appropriate toolsets .and guidance to manage their risks effectively.
- Identify and mitigate maintenance and reliability, machinery safety & business risks whilst being cost sensitive – will need to ensure cost, risk and benefit are balanced.
- Ensure alignment of significant capital investment projects with GSK standards from concept to execution. Provide expert advice with high impact on overall direction of projects or processes - including assessment of likelihood of success of projects and ongoing cost/benefit analysis of project delivery.
- Drive and help set a culture of engineering excellence, creativity and innovation by implementation of key value adding process/equipment improvement projects within GSK's Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain.
- Works in close collaboration with above site engineering and EHS colleagues to support their activities and leverage any synergies in work streams.
- Identify key talent & build organisational capability within region – promote inter-site networking. Provides coaching, mentoring, and appropriate learning opportunities. Ensure that engineering excellence is continually increased in alignment with the business needs and challenges.
- Point of contact for the Asia Pacific high severity hazard engineering community, providing leadership for and guidance of joint programs.
- Manage regional third-party activity, whilst also building relationships with new engineering consultancies and equipment suppliers to enhance our technical abilities
- Work in collaboration with other Engineering functions in GSK's Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain, to deliver step-change improvements in plant and utilities reliability, maintenance and safety.
- Identify innovations in technology that can deliver business benefits such as improved reliability.
- Working with the central functions/SME’s, identify and deliver on opportunities to reduce energy consumption, aimed at reducing GSK’s Consumer Healthcare carbon footprint.
- Provide proactive and reactive technical support and oversight to audits and incident investigations
We look for people who appreciate the importance of safety and quality and strive to continuously improve our performance and practices. We work in an open and transparent environment so you’ll be someone who treats others with respect and integrity – as you will be treated yourself.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with:
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- 10 years of relevant experience in Engineering and proven leadership experience in a site-based engineering role
- Proven manufacturing experience in similar industry e.g. Pharmaceutical / Consumer Goods / Chemical or equivalent
- Experience in establishing and maintaining high standards of GMP, GLP, Safety, Environmental & Occupational Hygiene.
- Proven experience in implementing best practices on maintenance and plant reliability
- Proven matrix management skills and ability to work with multiple and complex interfaces.
- Strong project management experience
GSK’s dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, etc. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply online.