Johnson Matthey is a global leader in sustainable technologies, applying our cutting-edge science to create solutions with our customers that make a real difference to the world around us. Our science and research help to make the world a cleaner and healthier place, today and for future generations. We have been in business for over 200 years with significant operations in more than 30 countries. We support our customers' needs from 43 major manufacturing sites all around the globe, providing consistency and quality wherever they are.
Johnson Matthey is an expanding Battery Materials business, which is a material science and electrochemistry-based business with global reach. With the recent announcement of the new Johnson Matthey Battery Materials Poland manufacturing facility in Konin, Poland which will produce advanced materials for batteries for electric vehicles, we are actively recruiting for Site Process Safety Engineer to join our new EHS Department.
This role is to lead process safety risk management activities on a JM applicable process site and drive process safety risk reduction through implementation of JM policies / guidance and reporting of key process safety metrics.
• To coordinate or carry out process safety training to meet the required completion targets.
• To improve and develop process safety risk management practices across the site so these are consistently applied and sustainable.
• To drive and support the process hazards reduction programme to complete reviews and subsequent actions to agreed target dates.
• To track all process safety related actions to ensure these are completed to target.
• To ensure that process safety related events are reported in system with correct severity rating, and where necessary support the Root Cause Analysis to identify root causes.
• To develop and maintain systems for monitoring and reporting process safety performance indicators and use these to drive performance improvements.
• To actively engage in regional or sector process safety networks and communication meetings to share learnings and best practices for process safety risk management.
• To carry out process safety audits and safety conversations at the site and establish a system of routine process safety audits.
• To ensure that process safety aspects are identified and assessed through the management of change process including direct involvement/leading required hazard studies.
• To carry out gap analysis against emerging Group policy and guidance.
• To ensure safety-critical equipment is identified and maintained.
• To identify where additional risk analysis and/or expertise is needed and coordinate support from Group Process Safety team.
• To ensure that process safety documentation. e.g. Process Hazard Reduction, LOPA, relief design, is maintained.
• To challenge and influence the setting of site process safety goals to improve performance on the site.
Are you the ideal candidate?
• Strong technical and operational knowledge of the site applicable processes
• At least 5 years of experience in process safety in one of following industries : chemical, petrochemical, oil and gas, cement or water treatment
• Knowledge of process safety risk management policy and guidance
• Degree qualified in a scientific/engineering discipline
• Must be fluent in business English and Polish language
What we offer:
• Labour-law employment;
• Participation in an interesting greenfield project - building new manufacturing facility;
• Work in international environment with highly qualified specialists;
• Development opportunities;
• Flexible working hours;
• Competitive salary;
• Positive and friendly atmosphere;
• Private Medical Care, Multisport Package, Life Insurance, Employee Pension Scheme (PPE).
Johnson Matthey is an equal opportunity employer that encourages suitably qualified candidates to submit applications, regardless of gender, race, disability, age, religion, nationality, political opinion, union affiliation, ethnicity, and sexual orientation.