Role: Johnson Matthey are looking for a Process Safety Engineer to lead and advise on Process Safety activities within the business across the JM Scotland Sites as instructed through the Scotland Head of EHS focusing on Edinburgh and Annan sites in addition to provide Process Safety support as requested to other JM Health Sector Sites. To ensure that process safety systems, processes, policies, procedures and guidelines are effective in delivering a performance that complies with legal requirements, industry best practice and Johnson Matthey corporate expectations, through effective leadership, expertise and functional excellence.
- Develop, implement and integrate a robust process safety strategy and proactively help establish a culture with full leadership and employee engagement through ownership of EHS.
- Develop, modify and implement the company’s policies and standards for process safety, including auditing and review.
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Scotland Head of EHS focus on the development of the Process Safety Management Program in the Health Sector focusing on the Edinburgh and Annan sites.
- Liaise with other Process Safety Professionals both within the Sector and Group.
- Ensure delivery of all aspects of regulatory requirements and Group EHS Process Safety Management systems relating to process safety compliance, including sustainable and continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain effective peer relations with management and EHS staff.
- Responsible for the design and overall delivery of the Group, Sector and Site process safety strategy, in line with relevant legislation and JM policy, procedure and guidelines.
- Perform Process Safety Lead role as outlined by Group EHS for the Scotland sites.
- Plan and lead process safety hazard studies, reviews, MOCs, and LOPA studies in accordance with legislative and internal JM requirements.
- Review/monitor site and sector process safety performance, identify trends, and formulate improvement plans.
- Prepare and control budgets (expense and capital) for process safety as required.
- Ensure compliance with relevant process safety regulations and support the interface with the regulators and/or Group EHS.
- Advise the Site Leadership Team on all aspects of process safety.
- Ensure all process safety incidents and learning events are entered in Enablon ensuring timely investigation, evaluation of incident scoring and closure.
- Ensure all process safety audit actions are properly tracked and closed on time.
- Develop and carry out the strategy to ensure that adequate EHS resources and expertise.
Are you the ideal candidate? You will be / have:
The right candidate will have a Degree in Chemical Engineering (Or equivalent engineering practice) with a proven track record as a Process Safety professional and experience in process safety management; including in-depth knowledge and experience leading PHAs, PHRs, LOPA, QRA, OBRA.
It would be highly desirable for you to have:
- Recognised process safety related qualifications such as NEBOSH, CCPSC, chartered engineer.
- MS in Chemical Engineering, other engineering practice or applicable MS degree.
- Experience working in a Pharmaceutical, Chemical or Petrochemical environment.
How to apply: Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online or contact UK Recruit@matthey.com for more information.
Closing date for applications: 30 March 2021
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.