Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
The Process Engineer is responsible to develop new processes and provide technical support/optimization to existing processes.
- Promote high environmental, health and safety standards and behaviours for yourself and your co-workers.
- Provides process engineering support and troubleshooting necessary to meet all production/customer commitments.
- Responsible for process documentation for safe operations such as SOPs, P&IDs, PLC functional specifications and interlock tables.
- Initiates process improvements which will improve yields and/or lower production costs, enhancing the overall efficiency and cost effectiveness of the business unit.
- Initiate and provide technical input to Capex project.
- Work alongside process chemists to design and evaluate results of experiments to evaluate process modifications and efficiencies.
- Completes engineering projects on time and at or under budget.
- Keeps abreast of chemical engineering technology by reading literature, attending meetings, classes and seminars at management discretion.
- Provides support in creating and up keeping of refinery air permit and other regulatory requirements.
- May perform other related duties as required.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Degree in Chemical Engineering based subject or equivalent
- 3-5 years industry experience in Chemical or related industry
- High level of numeracy, working with systems and data
- Full understanding of heat and mass balances, P&IDs and PFDs and other process docs
- Demonstrated a high level of understanding and commitment to EH&S
- Experience of structured problem-solving techniques such as Six Sigma and Lean
- Good practical skills and experience at lab, pilot or plant scale
- An ability to provide innovative solutions to problems
- Experience in Chemical equipment and instrument automation is highly preferred
- Experience in PLC (programmable logic controller) programming is highly preferred
- Experience in process data acquisition, interpretation and visualization is highly preferred