24 Mar, 2021
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Biochemicals / Pharmaceuticals
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Graduate Chemical (Process) Engineer for our Melbourne based Graduate Program starting in February 2022.
This position sits within our Life Sciences team.The team adds value in the following markets:
- Advanced education / universities
- R&D laboratories, pilot plants, containment facilities, leading edge science and technology facilities
- Hospital and specialist healthcare
- Pharmacies, cyclotrons & hotcells, cytotoxic facilities, isolation rooms & cell therapies
- Biotechnology & pharmaceutical
- GMP facilities, highly regulated spaces, cleanrooms, distribution and warehousing
- Research and quarantine facilities
- Light / heavy industrial and advanced manufacturing
- Controlled environments, microelectronics, nanotechnology
- Sustainability and renewable energy
- Environmentally Sustainable Design, PV solar, energy and water efficient HVAC and building services systems, emissions control, water and heat recycling
This position will report directly to the Lead Process Engineer.
In Wood's two-year program, you will learn:
- How to apply your learning into knowledge
- What is expected of you and how to be successful in your role
- How Wood works safely and with integrity to deliver projects for clients in line with industry standards
- The technical elements of your role and how to use key systems
- Awareness of the wider Wood portfolio and how our company fits together
- How to navigate your career and the potential career paths and time it will take to get there
What you will get involved with:
- Work closely with the process engineering team and other design disciplines including architects and building service engineers
- Deliver process engineering design packages for a range of projects for pharmaceutical manufacturers and containment laboratories
- Develop P&IDs, specifications, data sheets and sizing calculations for a range of process systems
- Participate in design reviews, 3D model reviews, quality by design, risk assessments and HAZOPs
- Potentials for site based support during inspections, construction and commissioning
- Experience in supporting different parts of our global business
- Interaction with different teams, stakeholders and clients
- Opportunity to get to know peers on a global basis and gain exposure to different leaders in the company
- Increased awareness of strengths and areas of development to support professional and personal growth
- Fundamentals of health and safety principles
At Wood it takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact we are having on the global energy sector. As a successful member of the 2022 Graduate Program, you will have completed your Chemical Engineering degree by the end of 2021 or earlier at an Australian university.
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Qualifications
What we look for as a member of Wood’s Graduate Program:
- Flexible, adaptable and open minded
- Proactive self-starter that is driven to succeed with a positive attitude
- Problem solver that is curious in their approach with the capacity to grow and develop
- Empathetic towards the needs of others
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty and humility
- Confidence to ask questions, seek help, make decisions and challenge the norm
What you can do well:
- Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Reasonable level of confidence when speaking in an open forum
- Strong IT skills
- Capacity to learn and proactively seek and provide feedback
- Good understanding of the benefits of respecting and appreciating what makes people different
- Good understanding of Chemical engineering.
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role and must also upload your resume and academic transcripts.
Pro tip: merge your resume, cover letter and transcripts into one document and then upload.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Refer this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.