24 Mar, 2021
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Biochemicals / Pharmaceuticals
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Process Engineer to join our Life Sciences team within our Philadelphia office to develop life-changing and in many cases, life-saving solutions for our clients.
On a global scale, Wood serves the Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, Federal, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Power Industries. Our Philadelphia office has become the Center of Excellence for our global Life Sciences network, providing full-service pharmaceutical and biotechnology engineering, design, procurement, and project management services.
We’re looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual with the ability to execute all phases of project design. Project sizes will vary and will include both existing building improvements and new construction.
- Developing process flow diagrams to define heat and material balance(s)
- Leading process design teams (upstream, downstream, utilities, fill & finish)
- Establishing a process design basis, developing process options, and optimization of selected design
- Designing and creating Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Preparing bid and purchase specifications for processing equipment (e.g. chromatography columns, pressure vessels, bioreactors, filtration skids)
- Calculating loads for clean utilities, line sizing, and distribution design (e.g. water for injection, clean steam, process gases)
- Participating in project planning, cost development, and project scheduling
- Maintaining effective communication with project team members and clients
- Calculating and organizing data for other disciplines (e.g. instrument data for I&C or electrical loadings)
- Coaching and support of other process engineers
Skills / Qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, decision making capabilities, problem resolution skills, and a sense of initiative are important for this industry
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience
- BS or MS in chemical / mechanical / bio engineering required
- Flexibility to travel (~10%)
- Ability to split time ~50/50 between the Center City office and working from home
- AutoCAD and Process Modeling experience preferred
- Knowledge of cGMPs preferred
- International experience preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Refer this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.