Refinery Facility Planning Process Manager
Major Oil Refiner
Our client is a major UK engineering services provider working in partnership with one of the world’s largest oil companies. Based on the Red Sea coast, this opportunity is situated within the planning and commercial management team within its subsidiary global refining and oil product business
The Corporate Planning Department (CPD) is responsible for the development and coordination of the capital program throughout the Company. The successful candidate will be part of the Facilities Planning Section, which is a component of CPD.
Facility Planning responsibilities include coordination and planning for all facilities to support refining and petrochemical development programs, developing studies, Design Basis Scoping papers, conceptual studies, feasibility studies, pre-FEED, Strategic studies, as well as business and economic evaluations). CPD is also responsible for developing long-term Masterplans for the Refining and Petrochemical Long-term ultimate configuration, the so-called Horizon Scenario.
Primary Job Functions: You will be required to perform the following:
- Conduct feasibility studies, conceptual studies, and pre-FEED work on our refinery and petrochemical facilities and develop long-term business strategies.
- Lead integrated project teams to prepare design basis scoping papers to define capital projects involving refineries and petrochemical investments.
- Prepare expenditure request documentation.
- Interface with related stakeholders, Operations, Engineering, Production Planning (PPD), Process Engineering (PED), New Business Development, Engineering (PMD), Project Management (BOTB), and Corporate Management.
- Perform process economic evaluations of existing and potential new refining and petrochemical facilities.
- Direct evaluations of major refining and petrochemical facilities.
- Prepare and make presentations to Corporate Management on refining petrochemical investment opportunities.
- Provide full-time consultation to company management and other organizations.
- Mentor the training of future Facilities Planning Specialists.
- As a successful candidate, you will have bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, ideally with an advanced degree or experience in economics or business analysis.
- You should have minimum ten years' experience in the following refining technologies (as examples: Crude Distillation (CDU), Vacuum Distillation (VDU), C4 Alkylation, Catalytic Reforming, Aromatics (BZ/PX}, C4/C5/C6 and Xylene isomerization, Various Hydroprocessing (NHT/DHTNGOHT/MHC), High olefin Fluid Catalytic Cracking, Steam Cracking (Ethane Cracking), Sulphur and Amine, Steam Reforming, Hydrogen manufacturing, Metathesis and Petrochemicals such as LLDPE, HOPE, PP, LOPE/EVA, EPR, TPO, MTBE, MEG, POX, Cumene and Phenol)
- You should have membership of a Professional Engineer Association.
- You should have very significant experience in applying and analyzing process simulation and economics of refinery and petrochemical operations.
- You should have very significant experience in performing economic evaluations and feasibility studies and preparing requests for budgetary approvals.
- You will have experience with professional consultant in planning and executing engineering studies.
- You will have substantial experience of refinery and or petrochemical operations including technical support, optimization, asset investment analysis and development planning.
- Excellent written and oral technical presentation skills.
Required Qualifications & Educations:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Degree in Economics or Equivalent work experience.
- Active membership of a Professional Engineer Association
- Advanced PC skills, including process simulations (Aspen +. Speed-up, Spiral, PIMS, Sigmafine/Petrofine) MS Excel and MS PowerPoint,
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV and a brief covering letter to Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment. E mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
Mark Stracey Recruitment operates as both an employment agency and employment business
Apply for Refinery Facility Planning Process Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly