Refinery Business Analyst / Strategic Planner
Major oil refining
Our client is a major UK engineering services provider working in partnership with one of the world’s largest oil companies. Based on the Red Sea coast, this opportunity is situated within the planning and commercial management team within its subsidiary global refining and oil product business
BUSINESS/FINANCIAL ANALYSTS The following competencies represent a combination of technical and soft skills, knowledge, mindset, and workplace behavior needed to perform effectively as an analyst within the Strategy Planning section:
VISION AND GOAL SETTING:
- Deep knowledge of the history and emerging trends within the refinery & petrochemical industries
- Ability to 'connect the dots' - clearly understands the interplay amongst forces shaping the industry that aren't always apparent
- Achievement oriented; actions taken, and decisions made are always driven by end objectives
- Ability to translate abstract, high-level concepts to tactical, easy-to-implement actions
- Extensive understanding of corporate finance, financial modeling and analytical tools (IRR, payback, EVA, NPV)
- Approaches problem-solving holistically, accounting for all potential causes and feasible solutions
- Think 'out-of-the-box' to identify optimal approach to solving non-routine problems in a practical way
- Uses IT and other technologies proficiently to economize effort and expedite the problem solving
- Collaborates effectively with subject matter experts across diverse functions to identify and successfully implement the optimal solution to a problem
- Takes proactive action to prevent occurrence of problems
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Ability to read and speak Arabic, highly desirable.
- Communicates precisely and clearly through both the written and spoken mediums.
- Able to tailor communications appropriate to specific audiences, including executive and senior management.
- Builds and sustains working relationships across functions and with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Good listener, with ability to grasp others' perspectives, interests and concerns.
- Capable of influencing and securing buy-in of senior/executive management for key initiatives
- Builds credibility by consistently demonstrating expertise and delivering work of high quality
- Profound understanding of oil refining operations, business analysis and investment planning. Our client is not looking for design or project engineers for this role at this stage
- Fosters teamwork through knowledge transfer, backup support and unambiguous communication of work details with colleagues
- Self-motivated; requires no external incentive or intervention to focus and commit to tasks on hand
- Takes accountability for completion and delivery of assigned tasks; keeps impacted stakeholders in the loop on progress, unplanned developments and/or scope changes
- Pays attention to detail - makes sure that information submitted on deliverables are factually and numerically accurate and supported by data that can be easily validated
- Works in efficient manner, demonstrating time and cost consciousness in all jobs performed
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV to Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment E mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Stracey recruitment operates as both an employment agency and employment business
Apply for Refinery Business Analyst / Strategic Planner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly