Senior Risk Engineer- Oil Gas & Petrochemical - Inspection
Senior Risk Engineer- Oil Gas & Petrochemical (Inspection)
Our client is a leading player in the International high hazard insurance sector where it’s involved in the provision of cover to a wide range of industries including oil and gas, refining and chemicals, metals and mineral processing, maritime and shipping, mass transport and so on. The organization’s London hub is enjoying significant client support and impressive levels of growth. The highly successful business offers additional advisory services on a range of Insurance issues such as claims, risk mitigation and BI management. The organization is currently looking to strengthen its team though the appointment of a specialist risk engineer with a strong background in mechanical inspection associated with the oil, gas and petrochemicals sector operations and equipment .
- Manage existing client OGP portfolio worldwide;
- Identify business development opportunities for risk control and engineering;
- Accountability of budget performance and other projects as assigned;
- Conduct detailed risk survey visits (Europe/ Scandinavia, but can be worldwide as assigned);
- Conduct Inspection specific surveys
- Prepare technical survey reports for insurance underwriting and client purposes on a timely basis;
- Develop recommendations and requirements for improving construction risks;
- Liaise with brokers, insurers (underwriters and engineers), clients’ representatives, etc.;
- Provide project review services including plan reviews and site audits;
- Develop and deliver training workshops on loss prevention/risk management;
- To apply own knowledge and experience to enhance the Energy Risk Engineering profile and service to clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical/Materials Engineering or similar/ related.
- Significant experience of relevant experience in oil/gas/petrochemical operations, including at a supervisory or management level.
- Good working knowledge of oil refining, petrochemical, or chemical processes, ideally operational and design/construction.
- Significant experience of mechanical /equipment inspection, asset engineering, integrity
- Candidates should also have demonstrated experience in:
- Previous attainment of certification API 510 /API 570 or have detailed knowledge of these
- Attainment or ability to attain certification to API 580 and API 571.
- Material selection (metallic & non-metallic), welding processes, and specifications for pressure equipment and repairs
- Installation, turnaround, and maintenance of pressure equipment
- Knowledge of the appropriate inspection techniques for specific damage mechanisms, and application of risk-based inspection methodologies, and development of equipment strategies and mitigation plans
- Root cause analysis and troubleshooting of pressure equipment and piping degradation and failures
- Willingness to travel internationally on 12-14 surveys per year (Approximately 70-80 days a year)
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Good project management and time management capabilities
- Able to multi-task and is a team player
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV to Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment. E mail email@example.com or call 01303 812433 for an initial confidential discussion
Mark Stracey Recruitment operates as both an employment agency and employment
Apply for Senior Risk Engineer- Oil Gas & Petrochemical - Inspection
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly