Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company's innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2020 revenues of approximately $8.5 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
At the Leuna manufacturing plant, Eastman produces Alkylamines and derivatives as well as formic acid. The products are used in agrochemicals, feed additives, detergents and cleaning agents, water treatment and deicing agents.
The Process Engineer has a direct reporting line to the engineering Manager and is responsible for the improvement of processes due to the production in cooperation with local as well as worldwide process engineering departments.
• Support of the production and optimization of production process
• Process engineering planning and execution of studies
• Cooperation in plant safety
• Adjustment of changed internal or external requirements due to new safety, environment, or quality standards
• Project coordination of smaller investment measures
• Documentation of procedures and processes
• Participation on-call duty
• A Masters or bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Process Engineering (TU/TH/FH)
• At least 4 years of relevant work experience, preferable in Chemical Industries
• Confident handling of process engineering methods for the design and calculation of chemical plants
• Professional experience in the operation of rectification columns
• Knowledge in Process Hazard Analysis e.g. via HAZOP/LOPA
• Familiarity with SAP Production system and CAE Software like ASPEN, ChemCAD
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Fluent in German and English (minimum level B2)
• Working effectively in a team and international environment
• Planning, organizing and critical thinking skills
If you have questions, please contact Fiorela Moretto (Talent Acquisition Partner): Fiorela.Moretto@Eastman.com.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day