JOB SUMMARY / OVERVIEW
The Senior Process Engineer primarily applies principles, knowledge, and practices of process engineering for timely identification, analysis, and resolution of process related issues to ensure safe, reliable, and cost-efficient plant operations. Utilize current and new industry developments to improve plant performance and reliability, which includes initiating and developing plant improvement modifications/projects. Support the Process Engineering Manager in the areas of project management, development of budgets and execution of the Manufacturing Policy and Plan. Directly responsible for mentoring the Process Engineering team (may consist of Junior Process Engineer, Process Engineer I/II, or Intern) Assume the responsibilities of the Process Engineering Manager when required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and competencies.
• Develop and implement appropriate plant/process monitoring and optimization systems.
• Provide process engineering assistance/support to the Operations Team as required.
• Provide evaluations on assigned and self-initiated tasks (identifying, analyzing and recommending actions to address abnormal and less efficient plant parameters).
• Participate in and at times lead incident investigation teams for troubleshooting and determining root cause of plant issues/problems.
• Develop and Mentor Process Engineering team.
• Review and recommend changes to the plant “cause and effect matrix” to improve plant reliability and protect plant assets.
• Develop plant modifications for projects within all degrees of complexity.
• Understand and comply with the Management of Change (MOC) process.
• Participate in and lead at times the ‘What Ifs’ and HAZOP studies.
• Apply basic project management skills – cost, schedule tracking, etc.
• Be up to date with and apply state of the art developments/technologies applicable to the methanol industry, as required.
• Provide necessary process engineering support to guide the timing of plant shutdowns and turnarounds.
• Provide process engineering expertise on plant shutdown and turnaround activities – planning and execution phases.
• Identify projects, supported with written justification, for inclusion in capital expenditure budgets.
• Work with contractors and outside vendors/suppliers for developing project concepts, quoting, developing scope of work and cost justifications regarding projects.
• Develop special operating procedures that involve process engineering knowledge, e.g. catalyst handling, catalyst reduction, resin change-out, chemical cleaning, refractory dry-outs.
• Provide process engineering support in the development and review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Develop and generate relevant management production and consumption reports – daily, monthly, etc.
• Carry out and review Equipment Performance Evaluations, decide and make recommendations to the Plant Team and Management based on these evaluations.
• Generate production forecasts and operating budgets.
• Live up to the key values of the Organization and act accordingly during the whole life cycle of our human assets.
• Present a professional image at all times to co-workers, clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the Organization.
• Be aware and comply with Human Resources policies and procedures.
• Actively seek and pursue development of skills needed to progress in the field of engineering and leadership/management.
• Support and promote a pro-active HSSE culture within the Organization and develop leadership skills in HSSE.
• Ensure and improve effective HSSE management.
• Ensure all HSSE systems and procedures are adhered to.
• Perform compliance audits, as required, and take appropriate action to correct non-compliance and reinforce positive behaviors.
• Provide process engineering support to the Operations Team in the development of guidelines to ensure plant and equipment are operated in a manner that poses no threat to the environment.
• Provide technical support to the Operations Team in the management of the containment and clean-up of spills, ensuring proper handling and disposal of hazardous substances.
• Ensure and improve effective Incident Management Response.
• Ensure all incidents are promptly reported, participate in investigations as necessary and complete assigned tasks within the stipulated time.
• Ensure and improve effective Asset Management.
• Provide process engineering support to the Operations Team in the development and routine review of guidelines and procedures to ensure Plant and equipment are operated within design limits.
• Provide process engineering support to assess abnormal Plant conditions and develop guidelines to mitigate and manage these conditions.
• Support full compliance to HSSE related legislation & regulations, corporate requirements and management system(s) (i.e. operating policies and procedures).
• Assist other Departments and other administrative personnel as necessary.
• Perform other tasks as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
• None required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR TRAINING
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering required.
• Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Engineering required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
• Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Complex Problem Solving — identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Systems Evaluation — Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system. SPECIAL
TOOLS / EQUIPMENT
• Copy Machine
• Telephone system
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
• Ability to lift 20 lbs. occasionally.
• Ability to sit for prolonged amounts of time required.
• Ability to effectively communicate through various means required.
• Majority of work is performed within an office environment, including office equipment – such as computers, telephones and copiers.
• Requires passing by industrial equipment on way to office.
• Noise levels are typically moderate.
• May require exposure to field.
• Regular 40-hour work week, normal duty hours as assigned.
• May work longer hours to meet deadlines as necessary.
• Less than 10% of the time.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skill, tasks, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associate with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Natgasoline reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as business needs arise. In compliance of ADA regulations, the employee must be able to perform essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation in a satisfactory manner, further accommodations shall not be made if it constitutes an undue hardship on this organization.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.