LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fourth consecutive year.
The Process Engineer’s role is to provide process technical expertise and innovation to operating units within the HRO Refinery. Responsibilities include unit monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimization to drive strong unit performance while maintaining focus on safety and environmental compliance. The Process Engineer will also participate in plant-wide optimization and improvement opportunities and occasionally lead complex multi-unit troubleshooting efforts.
Please enter roles and reProvide unit process engineering support for assigned HRO Asset Team.
• Participates in the site ASP process that includes issuing morning reports, identifying threats to Run Plan, attending console shift huddles, conducting P2E Boardwalk Reviews, and other similar activities.
• Understands the unit constraints and defines KPIs for optimizing within those constraints, while also identifying opportunities to remove constraints.
• Maintains unit technical models and conducts re-calibration and unit test runs where appropriate.
• Partners with Control Systems and Automation group to ensure the unit DMC has the correct limits and correct objectives are being pushed to optimize the unit.
• Supports development and ongoing maintenance of the unit Operating Envelope.
• Develops and maintains Engineering Discipline KPIs for longer-term condition monitoring of fired heaters, heat exchangers, catalyst life, energy usage, and other key process variables/equipment.
• Participates and/or leads Reliability Improvement Teams for the assigned Asset Team.
• Assists or leads troubleshooting efforts for process events with the goal of finding root cause(s) and driving implementation of corrective actions.
• Provides unit shutdown and startup support associated with downtimes and formal Turnarounds.
• Identifies areas to improve process safety, reliability, and profitability.
• Publishes a formal monthly report with a summary of unit critical parameters/metrics.
• May participate or be accountable for small projects.
B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering.
• A minimum of 3 years prior experience working as a process engineer with relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, or chemical process industries.
• Leadership skills to influence the organization and drive improvement.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to mentor and coach others in all directions of the organization.
• Advanced technical understanding of unit processes and willingness to specialize further.
• Technology expertise and innovative approaches to solve complex process issues
• Demonstrate the personal courage and technology knowledge to provide impact and influence at all levels of the organization
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.