LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fourth consecutive year.
The role of Environmental Engineer will be responsible for maintaining all air permits for a petrochemical manufacturing facility and ensuring that the applications are timely, accurate and reflect the needs of the operating units.
• Responsible for preparing and submitting amendments, renewals and alterations to NSR Air Permits and
MSS Air Permits.
• Responsible for submittal or assistance with Permit By Rule Registrations and Standard Permit
• Will partner with Environmental Unit Contacts (EUC) to identify air permitting needs and in obtaining
necessary information from unit needed for applications.
• Works with EUC, technical engineers, and operations to ensure the new air permit conditions are
acceptable to operating units.
• Works with EUC to set up systems to comply with any new permit conditions.
• Will be responsible for interaction with TCEQ personnel during permit application process and responding to
Notices of Deficiency and answering questions.
• Ability to manage consultants for outsourced permit steps (i.e., ambient air dispersion modeling Will work to
obtain air permits with maximum operating flexibility that accurately reflect unit operating constraints.
• Will maintain robust electronic record keeping system that provides clear documentation of basis for
permits, calculations, and agency correspondence..
• Will assist EUCs during air regulatory inspections and agency information requests.
• Responsible for compiling and reviewing Emissions data from EUC’s and submitting annual Texas
Emissions Inventory report.
• Develop and maintain process to review capital projects and Long Range Capital spending plan to identify
the need for air permit amendments as early as possible.
• Serves in On-Call rotation for environmental release reporting.
• Represents the site in trade organizations and best practice groups.
• Identifies, initiates and develops projects that improve environmental performance.
• Reviews environmental performance data and initiate continuous improvement activities.
• Backup to EUC’s by supporting specific areas of the plant in daily operations and compliance activities.
• Occasionally present HSE topics to new employees and others as needed
• Four year applicable Engineering or Science degree.
• Minimum of 6 years of hands-on experience of creating and submitting NSR air permit applications in Texas
for refineries or petrochemical facilities.
• In depth knowledge of Non-Attainment NSR, Dispersion Modeling, PSD, Netting and understanding of
TCEQ air permit process from application to permit issuance.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.