LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fourth consecutive year.
The Process Safety Management (PSM) Engineer is the process safety leader for the LyondellBasell Bayport Sites. The individual is responsible for coordinating and auditing PSM programs as well as identifying improvements to existing programs and developing and implementing improvement solutions. The individual will interface with a diverse group of customers including process and project engineering, operations, maintenance, plant management, HSE, and global process safety.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Coordinate, audit, and develop improvements for OSHA Process Safety Management practices.
- Write and implement effective procedures that support process safety, including management of change procedure.
- Lead facility siting efforts for the Bayport Sites including coordinating risk modeling with outside vendors, interpreting results, and participating on facility siting projects.
- Develop and implement key performance indicators (most importantly, leading indicators) to track PSM progress.
- Develop communication packages and present PSM and facility siting progress to company management.
- Coordinate operational excellence (OE) gap analysis and external OE audits
- Understand PSM implications of incidents and provide guidance to site for proper classification, investigation, and improvements.
- Coordinate process safety knowledge sharing across the Bayport Site, including process safety journal and PSM on-boarding curriculum.
- Communicate external process safety events to the site and share best practices identified within the company.
- Provide oversight and conduct audits for management of change (MOC), pre-start up safety review process (PSSR), and procedure to practice.
- Lead or participate on incident investigations.
- Participate in company process safety technical networks.
- Site lead for EPA risk management plan rule.
- Track and understand action items from process hazard analyses.
- Management of the OE Management System Effectiveness Verification and responsible for organizing the yearly review and yearly report.
- Owner of the yearly Self-Assessment Audit Plan and Coordinator for OE and Self-Assessment Audits.
- Drive excellence in Action Item Management and Safety System Disablement processes
- Lead Management of Organizational Change Process
- Lead efforts to reduce human factors through Human Reliability Task Analysis (HRTA)
- Must possess a four-year applicable BS degree in engineering. Chemical Engineering degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a chemical or petrochemical facility.
- Must have the right to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
- Knowledge of OSHA PSM and related EPA regulatory requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and the ability to present complex topics in a concise manner.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.