LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fourth consecutive year.
As a member of our dynamic Global Project Management Team, you will support projects ranging from $10M to $500MM+ utilizing an FEL process for both Chemical & Petroleum Processing facilities within the company. US offices are currently located at our Houston Engineering Center, which is just 19 short miles from Downtown Houston, TX.
During a time of uncertainty and challenges in adjacent industries, LyondellBasell continues to invest in major projects and add to its workforce. This is a rare career opportunity to make a deep and lasting footprint on the company’s landscape. As a member of our dynamic Global Project Management Team, you will provide direct management of the project engineering, discipline engineering, and technical assurance functions assigned to a major capital project ranging from $10M to $500MM+ for both Chemical & Petroleum Processing facilities within the company.
US offices are located at the Houston Engineering Center just 14 short miles NE from Downtown Houston, TX. This is a direct-hire position with competitive base salary, annual bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension, employee discounts, and much, much more!
• Manage projects valued at $20 million to over $100 million
• Employ the company's Project Management Process in execution of capital projects using EPCm alliance partners for resources
• Lead definition of project objectives, scope development, and front-end engineering in support of the project objectives
• Analyze and manage risk on projects
• Lead multi-discipline project management teams, including company and contract personnel, in resolution of technical and commercial issues
• Prepare and implement project execution plans
• Develop cost effective contracting strategies using an EPCm model
• Accountable for project cost and schedule controls, project reporting
• Obtain funding for projects
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills
• Ability to gather information and develop a thorough understanding of the project, while providing strong leadership skills to lead a diverse cross-functional team is essential
• Must display strong personal initiative, a sound planning and problem solving capacity, and effective interpersonal skills
• Routinely prepare and present project updates to senior management
• Direct company or contract project engineers in supporting roles on Major Projects
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Able to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and projects effectively
• PE and/or PMP Certification a plus
• 20+ years prior experience working in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Refining, or equivalent industry on major capital projects valued over $75 MM required
• Experience managing Engineering Procurement and Construction contractors as an or on behalf of an Owner organization
• Experience implementing EPCm contracting strategies
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or closely related technical degree
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and effectively handle multiple projects and/or changing priorities.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with internal and external clients
• Experience anticipating internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; has recommended process, product or service improvements
• International project management experience a major plus
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.