LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fourth consecutive year.
General job responsibilities include maintaining the safe and reliable operation of the unit, driving continuous improvement initiatives, and participating on capital project teams. As a member of the Engineering team you will monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize operating units to drive process and product improvements while maintaining a strong safety and environmental compliance focus. During a typical day you will apply technical knowledge to detect causes of deviations in quality, capacity, yield, and energy consumption or provide technical training to less experienced engineers.
• Monitor, troubleshoot and optimize operating units.
• Develop systems to improve and sustain value in the areas of health, safety, environment, production rates, reliability, cost and quality.
• Participate on cross-functional improvement teams within the site.
• Participate and lead process hazard reviews and management of change initiatives
• Provide process design support for capital projects.
• Contribute in a team environment and establish work relationships with onsite and offsite functional groups to achieve results.
• Balance day-to-day operational priorities with long term strategic objectives to ensure alignment with company goals.
• Coach less experienced engineers, providing required technical training.
• BS degree in Chemical Engineering
• 2+ years of relevant engineering work
• Demonstrated technical skills, in related processes is preferred
• Strong leadership skills including effective communications, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all departments and levels of the organization.