Senior Process Engineer (R&D)
ClonBio Group Ltd. is an Irish company which owns and operates Europe’s largest bioethanol production facility, south of Budapest, Hungary via its subsidiary, PannoniaBio. The Hungarian plant currently processes ca. 1.3 million tons of maize per year into more than 500,000m3 of fuel ethanol, 400,000 tons of high protein animal feed and 20,000 tons of corn oil. The facility has tripled in size since opening in 2012 and the company has ongoing process improvement projects as well as further expansion and new product development projects. ClonBio is currently looking to recruit a Senior Process Engineer for the R&D Section of the Engineering & Technology Group to play a leading role in the implementation of the company’s ongoing and future projects.
- Play a leading role within a small and highly specialized group of professionals and will be expected to take projects from conception through commissioning and handover to Operations in a strongly results driven work environment.
- Be a key initiator of new processes, process improvements and new R&D projects.
- Take a technical lead in early technology appraisal studies and/or due diligence studies.
- Completion of P&ID’s, utilisation calculations, mass & energy balances, equipment sizing calculations, HAZOPs and Risk Assessments.
- Estimation of CAPEX and OPEX for new processes.
- Design, co-ordination and execution of trials, research and experiments with other departments (engineering, production, sales) and equipment suppliers.
- Ownership of R&D and process engineering projects through all project phases to site acceptance.
- Deliver on agreed project objectives within budget, hours and schedule.
- Recording and analysing data, presenting results to colleagues and senior management, writing and reading technical papers, reports, reviews and specifications.
- Assistance to the R&D team and management, including the mentoring and supervision of junior / graduate Engineers and Scientists.
- Degree educated in a relevant engineering discipline (Chemical/ Biochemical/Process/ Mechanical/Biotech) to a Masters Degree level is essential.
- Chartered Engineer (CEng), PEng or Eur Ing status is desirable.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience and exposure to a broad range of processes applicable to the biofuel and related industries such as brewing, fermentation, distillation, food/ feed processing is expected.
- Extensive prior experience with specific technologies for particle size reduction, mechanical separation by centrifugation/decantation, membrane filtration (MF, UF, NF & RO), evaporation and drying is highly desirable.
- Significant experience in bioprocessing including aerobic fermentation is highly desirable.
- Advance knowledge of Microbiology and Biochemistry is desirable; particularly, experience in protein, oil and carbohydrate processing technologies is highly desirable.
- Experience in a multidisciplinary project environment is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in R&D environments at lab, pilot and commercial scales.
- Prior management experience.
- Prior work with Universities and/ or Research Institutes
- Knowledge of hygienic design to Food Grade/EHEDG standards.
- Practical and organized in nature, hands-on in approach
What We Offer
- The position is based in Hungary and the successful candidate must be prepared to relocate to the Budapest area. The salary package will be attractive, set in Euro and will include a company car. Occasional travel both within Europe and further afield may be required.
- This is a permanent position but the company would consider applications from those looking for a fixed term contract.
- PannoniaBio will consider applications from non-EU citizens. The business is managed exclusively through English and Hungarian language skills are not required.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please send an email to Julio Traub (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject “Senior Process Engineer (R&D)” containing your CV and a covering letter.