My Client is looking for a Manufacturing Process Engineer.
They are a well-established, family owned manufacturer within the FMCG industry. this is a role focused on driving continuous productivity improvement for two production lines. It does include analytical data- and on line analysis of losses and initiating relevant actions for improvement. Offering a substantive package for the right candidate, the role offers opportunity for progression and development.
This role would suit an Engineer from a production background. You will need to be able to interpret and analyse data recorded in databases from manufacturing machinery and maintenance systems.
The core responsibility of the role is to drive the continuous improvement of two (three) fast moving production lines based on performance vs budgeted KPI’s. Based on line – and data analysis, considering inputs of maintenance and operational teams improvement priorities and area action plans will be set. Supported by maintenance, operations and quality you will drive the execution. You are the owner of relevant standards to make progress sustainable. This includes amongst others: centrelining, RCA, SMED, 5S, 6 SIGMA to be developed and sustainably applied.
Typical production equipment will include converting machinery for bulk product to saleable item, high speed packaging, labelling, wrapping, robot palletization and printing machinery.
• Drive improvements to exceed budget KPI’s across two (three) production lines.
• Analysing and interpreting on line observations, combined with data from machinery and maintenance database systems.
• Develop and prioritize improvement activities and communicate enquiries to relevant departments.
• Support operations to identify training needs of operational teams, conduct training as appropriate.
• Direct communication and ownership of area action plans.
• Ownership, development and sustainable implementation of machine standards like centreline, SMED, 6 SIGMA, etc
• Occasional requirement to be hands on. Candidate Specification
• HNC/HND or degree in engineering or manufacturing related discipline.
• From a production background, although those from high volume would be at an advantage.
• Previous experience of 6 SIGMA, LEAN manufacturing, TPM with proven track record of process improvement would be advantageous.
• Able to interpret and analyse data and observations from production machinery and maintenance database systems.
• Basic Electrical or Mechanical Engineering knowledge would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of Quality tools would be advantageous