Application and process engineer
Blatchford is an award-winning rehabilitation provider, who are proud to be industry leaders in the Prosthetics and Orthotics market, with first class manufacturing facilities, distributing product throughout the UK and overseas, as well as being the leading supplier of services and products to the NHS.
We now have an excellent opportunity for an Application & Process Engineer, to join our busy Engineering team based in our rapidly growing facility in Basingstoke.
Responsibilities of the Application and Process Engineer:
The Application & Process Engineer is responsible for the successful transfer of projects and process from design through to production, whilst also supporting current production processes.
• Identifying and selecting optimum assembly processes which will require clear planning and robust implementation.
• Knowledge of FMEA PFMEA, NCRs CAPA etc.
• The verification and validation of the entire assembly process.
• Developing work instructions, training regimes and technical reports.
• Leading and conducting technical investigation to resolve assembly issues, including quality, non-conformances and process inefficiencies.
• Liaising with R&D Design and Development engineers in the Innovation and Development Hub respectively.
• Liaising with integrators for automation and any other external parties and suppliers as required for development/improvement and maintenance of assembly processes.
• Liaising with detailed design engineers to develop tooling, test jigs and fixtures as required.
• Participating in Project teams for reviews and transfer into production.
• Conducting design for manufacture and assembly reviews.
Requirements of the Application and Process Engineer:
The successful candidate will hold a HND, or equivalent, in Mechanical Engineering or a related subject; with experience of working at a senior engineering level in a demanding assembly function. They will be self-motivated, with the ability to work on their own initiative to achieve deadlines and targets.
Therefore, we are ideally looking for someone with experience of working in a regulated production environment and with a strong background in developing processes to take products from design into production; including the design of processes and equipment. Further to this, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in supporting Operations to overcome production issues and develop permanent resolutions.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and the opportunity to work in a unique manufacturing environment, driving success in an award winning organisation.