Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company have a requirement for a Process Engineer to join our team at Fawley, just outside Southampton.
What will you do?
- Execute multiple projects simultaneously, with only moderate supervision.
- Lead the HAZOP team where applicable and participate in process safety risk assessments and closure of actions.
- Support SH&E objective on site, with focus on regulatory compliance and process safety.
- To develop and implement projects that are pertinent to the business needs in line with Management of Change and Project Execution procedures.
- Managing cross-functional relationships, involving working with all groups on site.
- Act as a member of the Duty Manager team
Skills and experience
- Degree in Chemical or Process engineering discipline
- Minimum three - five years of experience in chemical / petro-chemical industry.
- Awareness of the process safety and environmental impact of design ideas and the ability to design out risks.
- Knowledge of codes, standards and legal requirements pertinent to a top tier COMAH site.
- Experience in process hazard analysis techniques including HAZOP.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent maths, science, computer and organisational skills.
- Able to identify priorities and work to deadlines.
- Able to work within budget.
- Able to manage own work requirements and adapt to changing priorities.
- Able to use own initiative to evaluate responsibilities.
Working Relationships and Team Working
- Able to communicate and work with all other functional groups across the Fawley site.
- Able to understand the needs of the Production department, develop ideas into projects and provide solutions and feedback.
- Able to engage with external vendors and third parties as required.
- Able to work well as an individual.
“Applicants must have right to work in the UK as sponsorship is not available”