We are looking for a Process Engineer to design and prepare manufacturing processes to support the manufacture of engine components to meet the customers expectations.If you have the experience and skills required, please contact us.
• To deliver the engineering objectives set by the Process/Manufacturing manager.
• To produce manufacturing routings, fixture & tool designs, processes and supporting documentation to enable components to be produced to the required cost, quality and time scales.
• Apply right first time manufacturing policy through the use of all relevant software packages available within the Process Engineering Dept.
• To help towards the continual reduction of Set / Run times & Scrap of all manufacturing disciplines.
• To work closely with manufacturing identifying and prioritising where potential cost savings and process improvements can be made, assisting & reporting on their implementation.
• Be able to exercise independent technical judgement, using sound engineering principles and appropriate experience to implement manufacturing solutions & compile cost estimates as required.
• Be able to select and deliver technical and company information for effective internal and external communication.
• Maintain a flexible approach to assist with workload as & when required.
• Liaise with Shop Floor, Design, Quality, Procurement, maintenance and Materials Department at all levels.
• On all Production Engineering activities, continually strive to reduce the time taken, improving upon the methods used & quality of previous similar tasks.
• Provide regular feedback and reports as necessary to keep management fully informed of progress & completion dates.
• Contribute towards departmental responsibilities on system maintenance/ development and Health and Safety issues.
• Work to quality standard ISO09001 SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTER Essential:
• Achieved a relevant engineering qualification (HNC level or higher).
• Experience in writing production instructions
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the above disciplines.
• Logical approach to problem solving through analysis of data and effective decision making.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of modern machining and inspection methods.
• Strong planning and organization skills with an ability to embrace change.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all areas and levels of the business.
• Good IT skills (MS Word & MS Excel essential).
• Positive approach, high motivation and willingness to work as part of an integrated team.
• Experience in working in a comparable industry sector