Refinery Configuration / LP Specialist
Our client is the independent consulting business line of a global group that provides a true end-to-end offering for clients, with approximately 3,000 people in 25 countries around the world, integrating strategy, management, and technical consulting expertise. The business provides solutions for clients in the Downstream, Upstream Hydrocarbons, Minerals & Metals, Chemicals and Infrastructure industries.
As part of one of the world’s largest engineering firms, the organization continues to push boundaries and extend its capabilities globally. Our client prides itself on providing safe, high-quality services that exceed its customer’s expectations, which is why they’re trusted to manage some of the world's leading projects and strategic programmes.
The business is seeking a Group Manager / Principal Consultant to work within its Downstream & Market Services practice. The successful candidate will be a key member of the team providing strategic oil refining consulting services to the oil refining and financial sectors.
Reporting to the Refining Director, the highly experienced candidate will demonstrate competence in oil refining activities including configuration and process know-how, planning, capital investment and due diligence.
The role provides opportunities to tailor bespoke services to suit a diverse set of clients, working to deliver services, participating in business development and to be a key member of the practice.
Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Lead and support configuration studies for major greenfield / brownfield refinery / petrochemical investments
- Provide consulting services to clients during all phases of an engagement, including benchmarking, gap analysis, solution identification, justification, prioritization, ranking, implementation and close out
- Support and lead marketing and business development activities and sell consulting engagement of various sizes
- Meet and present to clients and assist with the selling process;
- Lead, manage and implement solutions and performance improvements within client organizations whilst controlling quality, cost and client satisfaction
- Act as and be recognized as a ‘Subject Matter Expert’ in Refining.
- Prepare and deliver conference papers for delivery at international events;
- Support the growth of the business.
Experience and Qualifications:
The candidate must demonstrate competency and experience in the following:
- Able to work within a ‘sell-do’ model
- Study Management
- Strong self-starter and motivated to succeed
- Practical consulting experience – including scoping, selling and delivery
- Refining strategies, practices and methodologies
- Significant experience of oil Refining
- Excellent communication skills including ability to produce concise reports and presentations appropriate for all levels
- Confidence to work at all levels of a client organization
- Desire to expand role and be adaptable to client’s needs
- Leads the preparation of proposals, execution plans and budgets
- Identify new opportunities and leads
- Supports a continuous improvement culture and identifies gaps, develops work processes, tools and methodologies to drive productivity and growth.
The candidate should also be able to demonstrate experience and knowledge of a number of the following services areas:
- Refinery planning and scheduling (including LP)
- Refined products markets
- Refinery-petrochemical integration
- Industry competitiveness/awareness
- Process understanding and modelling
- Feasibility and configuration studies
- Crude and product qualities including blending
- Crude analysis
- Refinery operations
- Technology vendors/licensors
- Financial analysis
- Technical due diligence
- Performance improvement programs
- Performance metrics / KPI’s
- Concept development, vision and policy setting
- Engineering degree, Chartered Engineer status
- Based in London
- Direct sales and business development experience
- English and preferably a second language
- Able and willing to travel on frequent short-duration international business trips
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV to Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment. E mail email@example.com or call 01303 812433 for an initial confidential discussion.
Mark Stracey Recruitment Operates as both an employment agency and employment business
Apply for Refinery Configuration / LP Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly