An experienced engineer is urgently required by a global engineering team that’s undertakes projects focused in fuel development contributing to fundamental research to enable future development, understanding new engine hardware and trends, incorporation of new component chemistry, collaboration with engine manufacturers and first tier suppliers, and support the development of new product platforms.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Develop and translate engineering understanding and knowledge to Chemists and Chemical Engineers for the development of fuels and oils for new and existing combustion engines.
- Generate innovative solutions to lubrication challenges through a detailed understanding of the hardware used to qualify and approve oil products.
- Lead business critical technology projects and contribute to future project creation.
- Partner with external engineering consultancies where project scope goes beyond current internal capabilities or competencies.
- Very high levels of project responsibility: development projects.
- Large degree of external interaction with performance test companies, engineering consultancies, OEMs and industry committees.
- Environmental factors and evolving hardware technology create many opportunities and a fascinating market to understand and influence.
- Leadership skills: developing a team and design / implement new practices to increase its value.
Qualifications and Experience
- A technical background in Engines Engineering, Powertrain Development or related discipline is essential
- A working knowledge of fuels/ oils technology, what impacts its performance and the design of engine / rig testing protocols is desirable.
- Innovative and inspired by finding out why things work. Ability to apply different tactics to solve problems.
- Ability to plan, steward and successfully deliver complex projects. Enjoy managing multiple projects.
- Analyse and interpret technical data, form sound technical judgements or test hypotheses
- Ability and desire to learn new competencies.
- Effective Team Player. Willingness to share, support and be collaborative