Refinery Modelling Specialist
Our client is a leading, international consultant to the downstream sectors with globally acknowledged strengths in strategic development, technology assessment and licensing, M&A, due diligence, operational profit improvement, feasibility studies, LP Modelling, asset valuation, business interruption assessments, relocation studies, product realignment analysis etc. Our client’s clients include investors, banks, regulatory and governmental bodies, operating and production companies and so on.
The organisation is actively seeking a Linear Programming modelling specialist/engineer with experience in refinery modelling to play a key technical lead in the delivery and support of its growth and services.
Reviewing industry developments and best practice, the job holder will be a key member of the consulting team as well as being the lead LP modeller with in-depth knowledge of how best to use Linear Programming models for refinery business planning on behalf of clients.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Develop, maintain and improve the LP models (and their associated interfaces such as Aveva/Spiral crude suites) which are used by client commercial teams for refinery planning and optimisation.
- Actively review modelling technology developments within the refining industry to identify new opportunities for improving client business performance.
- Provide technical expertise using the LP modelling tools for client business /profit improvement projects along with the ability to describe the commercial benefits of any improvements made.
- Highly motivated and keen to engage with client unit engineers and commercial teams in order to exchange effectively and efficiently any update to unit performance that needs represented within the LP.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Degree qualified in a relevant subject such as;
- Chemical or Process Engineering, Business, Economics or Mathematics.
- Experience of working in the oil/gas or petrochemical manufacturing environment is desirable. This will include an understanding of plant unit yield model, sources of value in the refining business and expertise in new process technologies and refinery modelling software.
The successful applicant must also have relevant experience in LP/process simulation, ideally using industry standard products such as Apentech PIMS /Technotrade GRTMPS and/or Aveva /Spiral/KBC/Honeywell software applications.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV and a brief covering letter to Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment. E mail email@example.com or call 01303 812433 for an initial confidential discussion.
Apply for Refinery Modelling Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly