Leidos is looking for a Chemist/Chemical Engineer at its Picatinny Arsenal, NJ site.
- The candidate will be responsible for the development of novel synthetic strategies for energetic compounds of interest to the US Army.
- Responsible for developing scalable processes accounting for reaction kinetics, thermal management, materials handling and purification.
- Expected to lead and participate in multi-disciplinary teams to develop technical solutions.
- In addition to developing reaction strategies, the employee will be expected to identify, implement and develop processes including extraction, distillation and crystallization.
- Responsible for independently applying analysis techniques and methods.
- Frequently interacts with subordinates, supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers.
- Min of a Bachelor's degree required, MS preferred.
- Hazardous chemical handling and chemical lab experience required.
- US citizenship required.
- Experience with process analytical technology including IR, Raman, GC, and HPLC desired but not required.
- Experience with statistical design of experiments (DOE) methodology highly desirable.
- Must have the ability to adapt and direct research programs for rapid results.
- Must be able to work in a team-based environment.
- Must have the ability and desire to initiate and execute new projects.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.