Training & Development Executive (Peer Review)
IChemE (Institution of Chemical Engineers) is the global professional membership organisation for chemical engineers and process engineers.
Founded in 1922, IChemE advances chemical engineering's contribution worldwide for the benefit of society. We support the development of chemical engineering professionals and provide connections to a powerful network of around 37,000 members in 100 countries.
We are a multi-national institution with primary offices in the UK and Australia. Our members are found in a wide range of industry sectors, and at different stages of their careers, from students and graduates in training through to senior Fellows at the very highest levels of leadership in business and academia.
We are looking for a key individual to help develop and maintain a strong and vibrant member volunteer pool, which is well equipped and effectively supported to conduct peer review processes and to rigorously sustain the whole range of IChemE’s qualifications activities worldwide. The individual will be responsible for the recruitment, training and development of a pool of volunteers that fulfil the qualifications and membership responsibilities including the assessment of individual applications for membership, and University and Company accreditation. A well trained and supported volunteer pool is essential in sustaining the current and future range of IChemE qualifications worldwide.
This role is key in developing, maintaining and delivering an appropriate programme of training and support to our volunteers.
Educated to at least degree level in chemical engineering or a closely related technical subject, you will have experience of training, learning and development, or teaching. Ideally you will have at least 3-5 years’ experience working in a technical / training or learning and development role preferably in industry. An understanding of further / higher education and an appreciation and empathy of professional qualifications is also required.
Core responsibilities of the role include:
- Contributing to the development and implementation of IChemE’s Volunteer Management Strategy and Programme and ensuring that activities undertaken by this role are consistent, integrate and comply with these as appropriate
- Leading the updating, development and implementation of a full range of volunteer training resources that reflect best current practice and ensure (i) its high quality delivery through a variety of channels (face to face, webinar, e-learning etc) and (ii) a rolling programme of training is sustained both in the UK and internationally.
- Develop and conduct engaging volunteer recruitment campaigns to meet (i) geographic business demand and (ii) progression & succession planning needs of Professional Formation Forum (PFF) and Education and Accreditation Forum (EAF).
- Create, review, refresh and maintain membership and accreditation training documentation
- Develop web portals for customer interactions (members, groups, external stakeholders.
- Work constructively with relevant Committees
- Understand and contribute to the ongoing development of online accreditation and membership application processes
Due to IChemE’s international nature, this position requires a willingness to work flexibly and to engage in business discussions outside of normal working hours. The position is based at our Rugby office although regular travel may be required within the UK and potentially internationally. Only applicants eligible to work in the UK will be considered.
This is a full-time role based on 37.5 hours per week working Monday through to Friday.
Starting salary will be in the region of £28,000 - £33,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus benefits which includes an excellent pension scheme. Only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered.
To apply; please provide a CV and a cover letter highlighting your experience against the areas listed above and why you think you are the ideal candidate for the role. To request a copy of the full job description or to formally apply for the position, please email our HR team, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for all applications is close of business Monday 8 July 2019 however IChemE reserves the right to interview exceptional candidates and make an offer of employment before the closing date should we wish. An immediate start date can be available for the right candidate.
For more details about this and other vacancies at IChemE, visit www.icheme.org/jobs