Oil and Chemicals Insurance risk Engineer
Our client is a leading player in the International high hazard Insurance sector where it is involved
In cover associated with a variety of sectors including oil and gas, refining, petrochemicals, LNG, metals, and mining, maritime, mass- transport and so on. The organisation’s Gulf hub is enjoying significant client support and impressive levels of growth. The highly successful business offers additional advisory services on a range of Insurance issues such as claims, risk mitigation and BI management.
Our client is seeking 2 engineers with very significant experience in Oil/Gas, LNG, Refining or Petrochemicals. The successful candidates are likely to be degree qualified Mechanical or Chemical Engineers who have excellent knowledge of process operations /production/maintenance and operational process safety management. The successful candidate will be the engineering representative on key accounts, supporting our client executive teams with technical analysis and insights. A key part of the role will be conducting Underwriting Surveys whose output will be a description of the facilities, an analysis of loss control features and engineering/ financial based loss analysis. Other key deliverables include the production and delivery of training packages and contributing to BCM and ERM type studies. Applicants are sought primarily from offshore production, refining, gas processing, refining, ethylene and derivatives or ammonia/methanol industries; however, the ability to be adaptable and to quickly grasp new technical and loss prevention principles is the core requirement.
As well as a process Operations/Production background, it is essential that the candidates also bring significant experience/knowledge of at least one of the following:
- Process Safety
- Inspection/Asset Integrity/Condition surveys
- Maintenance, or Inspection/Asset Integrity.
- Business Interruption /Consequential Loss
- Additional experience in a construction/project execution type role is also an advantage, but not essential.
General Attributes /Location /Core Requirements
For all the roles the following attributes would be beneficial but are not essential:
-Fluency in Arabic
- Fluency in French
- The roles will be based in Abu Dhabi
All the roles have core requirements:
- They involve 60-80 nights away per year within EMEA
- Written and Verbal Communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work at all levels within a client Organisation. Production of the Underwriting report following a survey is a key skill
- The ability to lead a team of insurance engineers to conduct Underwriting Surveys, typically between 2 and 5 day duration at client sites
- For key sites or large sites extended surveys of 2 weeks are sometimes required
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV to:
Mark Stracey Recruitment, E mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Stracey Recruitment operates as both an employment Business and Employment Agency