Manufacturing, Production and Quality Engineer
Job Title: Manufacturing, Production and Quality Engineer
You will be a strong self-starter, process driven with a good understanding of manufacturing and a passion for continuous improvement. As an effective communicator you will be able to forge strong working relationships at all levels of the business in order to constructively influence design decisions whilst working closely with suppliers and in-house manufacturing departments to drive manufacturing and quality improvements.
Driving Licence & Access to a car is essntial due to the rural location of the role.
* Taking ownership of the resolution of quality issues through the structured application of problem solving and root cause analysis techniques
* Ensuring that routing of assemblies and sub-assemblies is correct and liaise with engineering and production to identify the requirement for jigs, fixtures or tooling if needed.
* Liaising with both Purchasing and Manufacturing departments to ensure analysis and feedback is translated into corrective actions.
* Developing and improving processes and procedures ensuring efficient and effective manufacture of our products, including the management of build and test instructions for the shop floor and the migration of these into our ERP system.
* leading continuous improvement initiatives within projects and across operations to support the business strategic objectives with a focus on waste reduction and quality improvement.
* Supporting regulatory / financial audits and assist the operations manager in the development and upkeep of the QMS to ensure compliance with ISO9001.
* Minimum HNC / HND or equivalent in a mechanical, engineering or manufacturing discipline.
* A strong Manufacturing / Production engineering background including dealing with low volume, high value complex components and mechanical or electro mechanical assemblies.
* An understanding of inspection processes such as first article inspection and the use of measurement equipment to compliment this.
* Experience raising and processing ECR’s, NCR’s and managing quality documentation.
* A good understanding of quality management methods and ISO9001 requirements.
* Experience using an MRP / ERP system and working in a process led manufacturing environment.
* Able to read and understand engineering drawings fluently and to recognise where data is conflicted or incorrect.
ACS are recruiting for a Manufacturing, Production and Quality Engineer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Manufacturing, Production and Quality Engineer, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Manufacturing, Production and Quality Engineer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Manufacturing, Production and Quality Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Manufacturing, Production and Quality Engineer role you desire