Lead Process Safety Engineer
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and expanding company in the UK, who are part of a global company. I am looking for a Lead Process Safety Engineer to steer the UK & Ireland teams in this specialist area.
The role will be to lead the safety team who provide support in the area of process safety expertise across UK & Ireland. The responsibilities for this vacancy include but are not limited to the following:-
- Leadership of the Process Safety team to sustain a high performing Team that have the capacity and capability to support operations in all aspects of process safety.
- Primary technical authority and process safety subject matter expert across relevant cross-functional areas including hazard identification (Major Hazards Review Programme), risk control, incident reporting and investigation
- Champions safety leadership commitment, responsibility and workplace culture
- Management of safety critical elements
- Expertise on relevant legislation and regulations, representing UK & Ireland internally and externally e.g. with regulators
- Member of the Discipline Engineering Leadership Team, influencing the Engineering strategy, focused on improvement and a collaborative, can do culture.
- Experience and Qualifications:-
- Degree qualified, preferably in Chemical or Process Engineering or equivalent
- 5 to 8 year’s practical industrial experience in a relevant discipline, preferably in a process industry operating under COMAH regulations
- Experience in the submission of COMAH reports
- Chartered member of the IChemE (or other accrediting body)
You must have a high level of personal Integrity
If you would be interested in this opportunity, please forward a copy of your resume with a covering email stating your current employment situation, availability for employment and also current salary level.
Role: Process Safety Team Leader
Location: Either Surrey HQ or South Yorkshire Projects Office
Salary: Negotiable c£50-60 dependent on experience.
Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Health and Car Allowance
RHL Acts as an employment agency and technical recruitment consultancy