Process Design Engineer
Job Title: Process Design Engineer
Working with the Sales Department to prepare the technical part of Tenders including process design of Heater, review and compliance with customer specifications, production of corresponding bill of materials and ensuring technical integrity of quotations for main equipment used in cost estimate.
Liaising with clients and sub-vendors, both before and after submission of tenders, including attending sales clarification meetings plus some follow-up contact with clients at times during the contract stage.
Preparation of key documents including requisitions for some items following Order Award. Also to provide formal calculations for Pressure Part Design, Refractory Design and Key Equipment specification and definition of instrument, control and safeguarding functions.
Skills & Qualifications:
- First Class or minimum 2:1 Degree in an engineering discipline, either Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- High standard of analytical and technical problem-solving skills. The role requires the candidate to apply degree level engineering skills across a range of areas including heat transfer, fluid flow, combustion, pressure part design, automation and control, emissions control, materials selection, and mechanical strength calculations.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with foreign clients and explain complex technical issues in a way that merits their confidence.
- Ability to think commercially as well as technically.
- Extremely organised with good attention to detail.
- Able to manage and prioritise a diverse workload.
- Able to work alone and on own initiative, as well as part of the Team.
- High computer literacy.
ACS are recruiting for a Process Design Engineer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Process Design Engineer, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Process Design Engineer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Process Design Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Process Design Engineer role you desire.