Process Technology Specialist
Job Role Summary
We are the largest publicly traded international Oil and Gas Company, using technology and innovation to help meet the world's growing energy needs. We hold an industry-leading inventory of resources and we are one of the world's largest integrated refiners, marketers of petroleum products and chemical manufacturers.
ExxonMobil Engineering Europe Ltd. (EMEEL), based in Fawley, Hampshire, provide technical expertise and leadership in process technology application, improvement, and support to the ExxonMobil Refineries and Chemical Plants; predominantly in Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific.
We are currently seeking an experienced Chemical Engineer to join our team and provide process engineering technical support for existing facilities and new projects, specialising in Hydroprocessing, Reforming and/or Alkylation.
We offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, defined benefit pension scheme, share incentive plan and private health care for employees and their families.
The closing date for this role is Friday 12th July 2019, with phone interviews starting at the end of June.
Job Role Responsibilities
The key responsibilities include:
- Provide specialist technical consulting support to EM refineries across the European circuit (and other international locations) – focus primarily in Europe, but includes further contributions globally (travel + remotely)
- Drive the standards for monitoring units within your region
- Partner with the manufacturing plants to solve challenging operational & optimisation problems
- Mentor site & other engineers, with the aim of developing both our knowledge and people
- Identifying and implementing improvements across safety, reliability and operations
- Actively contribute to EM’s global technical community
- Provide support for turnaround events from defining required work scope, through to supporting execution
- Provide specialist leadership & technical expertise for capital investment projects
- Drive the identification & application of the best available technology
Expected Level of Proficiency
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Have a degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent (2.1 or above)
- Be able to demonstrate a detailed working knowledge of the Hydroprocessing, Reforming and/or Alkylation.process
- Demonstrate a track record of proactively applying engineering and problem solving skills
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to do process modelling of the Hydroprocessing, Reforming and/or Alkylation process and possess knowledge of advanced process controls
- Have substantial professional technical experience, ideally within an operating company or a major engineering contractor or consultant.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge in aspects of mechanical design, materials selection and inspection programs for operating units including support to turnaround and shutdowns.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in start-up and shutdown of units.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the main business drivers associated with operating and maintaining the Hydroprocessing, Reforming and/or Alkylation process unit within a refinery.
- Have experience in conducting root cause failure analyses, process safety assessments (e.g. HAZOP), and risk assessment.
- Be willing to travel regionally for short business trips, with occasional trips of extended duration (such as for turnaround support).
The successful candidate will be looking to join a world class petrochemical multi-national and will possess a broad range of technical, personal effectiveness and leadership skills in order to progress in a professional, technical based engineering career which may ultimately lead to your appointment into global senior technical leadership positions.
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidates will be made a conditional offer of employment. The conditions include, but are not limited to: a satisfactory criminal records disclosure; satisfactory employment references over five years (where applicable); verification of qualifications, including any professional accreditation stated in the application; completion of a pre-employment medical, including a test for illicit or unprescribed drugs in accordance with the Company's safety policies; and the legal right to work on the agreed commencement date.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
ExxonMobil and its United Kingdom subsidiary companies, Esso Petroleum Company, Limited, and ExxonMobil Chemical Limited, are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. All applicants are offered equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities during our recruitment processes, therefore, please contact the Recruitment Team if you wish to discuss any particular requirements to enable you to complete our recruitment process.
Job Segment: Engineer, Consulting, Gas, Gas Technician, Engineering, Technology, Energy, Research