Process Engineer - Northumberland - £35,000 - £38,000 + Benefits
Your new company
Your new company is a global organisation and a leading manufacturer in its field. They mainly design and manufacture fluid power solutions for a range of industries but primarily Oil & Gas. They are keen to add to their design engineering team due to increased client demand.
Your new role
Your new role will involve supporting the R&D team as well as manufacturing in the following areas:
* Plan, co-ordinate and report on new product development as well as testing.
* Understand / interpret industry and international standards for Oil & Gas products.
* Prepare and ensure full compliance with safe working practises for new products.
* Liaise with 3rd party inspection agencies to gain new & help maintain current product certification.
* Support the efforts of the sustaining engineer in manufacturing process improvement activities.
* Design/redesign of existing parts and/or tools for testing or production.
* Support design engineers in commercialising new products.
* Preparation of hose assembly or component drawings.
* Manage BOM of prototype and procure components to enable prototyping and ensure all parts are captured in the ERP package
* Monitor costs and schedule the progress of R&E capital projects.
* Introduce corrective action for both designs and processes for technical or production purposes
What you'll need to succeed
Some of the main skills required are:
* Strong technical and analytical skills in maths and science.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent time management and project management
* Experience with Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Access)
* Experience with Autodesk Inventor
* Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organisation as part of a multi-functional team.
* Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
* Customer, quality and H&S focused.
In regards to education/experience you will need:
* Educated to degree level in an Engineering discipline.
* Must have relevant experience in R&D or production engineering support.
* Proven track record of innovation and problem solving.
* Production or commercialisation experience preferred.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a competitive package, benefits and the opportunity to work for a fantastic global organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.