Brand new role in Peterborough for an experienced Process Engineer who has developed processes and production improvements within a cell manufacturing environment.
SALARY: £35,000 - £45,000 dependent on your previous practical work experience
· Company Performance Bonus > 10%
· Work Based Pension
· 25 Days Holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
· Life Assurance
LOCATION: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Corby, Huntingdon, Bedford, Wellingborough, Oundle, Thrapston, Kettering, Boston, Spalding, Ely, March, St Neots, Rushden, Rutland, Leicester, Melton Mowbray
2019 is a really exciting time to join this business. We are a well- established Peterborough based composites manufacturer and have won a multitude of interesting new projects over the last 12 months, adding to and increasing our already diverse customer base.
Having successfully opened our second factory we are looking to expand our team with the addition of an experienced Process Engineer who has developed processes and production improvements within a cell manufacturing environment. You can learn from some of the best engineers in the area and seriously develop your career to increase your knowledge of chemical coating processes.
Why you should apply: Process Engineer : Composites Manufacturer
· We pride ourselves in internal and external training, development and career progression for high achievers
· Business priorities are frequently changing, processes and technology are continuously developing so you will certainly be challenged and will grow as a Process Engineer.
· Opportunities to gain qualifications including a lean six sigma belt which one of our current processes engineers is working towards.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Process Engineer : Composites Manufacturer
· Improve the overall efficiency of the plant and the production process throughput by reducing cycle times within the chemical coatings department
· Work with our quality teams to ensure that process capability is achieved
· Introduce process controls and generate documentation such as process mapping, cause & effect matrix, PFMEA’s, control plans and control charts
· Reduce process waste and change over times
· Review and generating work instructions and standard operating procedures
· Manage NPI and support the introduction of new machinery and equipment
· Assist in training machine operators and developing instruction manuals
You must have:
· A proven practical process development / process engineering background which will have been gained from a fast-moving shop floor manufacturing environment
· Strong problem-solving skills – utilising route-cause analysis, design of experiments etc statistical analysis (SPC) and be able to complete risk assessments of your work
· Practical knowledge of lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, six sigma principles and their associated tools (although formal qualifications might be sponsored if you wish to obtain them)
· Preference will be given to specific experience with coating technology, paper or textile production. A print or laminating background would also be a big plus, but all experienced Process/Manufacturing Engineers are encouraged to apply
You will also have a background that includes some or all of the following experience:
· Stakeholder management –collaborate effectively across all business departments
· Taking the lead on process engineering projects
· A clear understanding of Health and Safety, Quality Systems & QC
· A technical mindset to work closely with NPD
· Be computer literate – Microsoft Office, Minitab (or similar)
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Process Engineer, process development, lean manufacturing, Continuous Improvement Engineer, lean six sigma, factory, automation, mechanical, manufacturing, leather, textile, printing, laminating, FMEA, problem solving, industrial engineer, kaizen, 5S, chemical, coating, route cause analysis, powder coating
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant James Coull quoting Process Engineer : Composites Manufacturer and reference JAC15518 to DD: Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: . Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.