I am now working exclusively with a small-medium sized engineering business, located in Sheffield, South Yorkshire who are now looking to recruit a Production or Process Engineer. In this position you wear many hats and have solid involvement in planning, developing and delivering product and process improvements.
Based in Sheffield my client design and manufacture their own product range of plastic and metals components and offers the best price, quality and service available in the global market. With production and service centres in Europe, Asia and America, and distribution partners in over 110 countries, they have the scope to support end-user demands globally. Due to investments in all areas of our business, especially in manufacturing, stock holding and bespoke electronic system processing, they are now looking to recruit a Production or Process Engineer to help continue this development.
As the Production or Process Engineer you will form part of the in-house development team managing projects on plastics and metal components, with strong focus on new areas of the business. You will be based at the Sheffield manufacturing plant and will be responsible for:
- Planning all aspects of development, implementation and product delivery ensuring all stakeholders (internal and external) are consulted and informed throughout the product development process.
- Liaising and communicating with our Europe, Asia and America manufactures and UK teams.
- Leading project meetings and ensuring timely delivery of all activities.
- Weekly reporting as well as design sign off meetings and gate sign off meetings.
- Support the NPI process throughout up to the manufacturing level Develop plans and documentation to allow smooth new product introduction.
- Support continuous improvement in respect to equipment and processes, ensuring the correct balance between cost, quality and output.
- Provide day to day technical assistance within the assembly areas
To apply for the position of Production or Process Engineer based in Sheffield you will have a strong background in engineering and also posses the following:
Required Skills and Experience.
- 3-5 years' experience in a project, process or production role.
- Engineering Degree or HNC.
- Background in managing mechanical engineering projects with internal teams of engineers as well as liaising with 3rd party suppliers.
- Proven understanding of product development process from concept through to production ready design.
- Methodical approach with good attention to detail.
- Good team player able to work alongside design, engineering and marketing personnel.
- Good written and verbal skills, capable of presenting to others.
Production or Process Engineer, Sheffield based, paying a £30,000 - £45,000.